Project Kits for STEAM Learning
United Rehabilitation Services of Greater Dayton
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
4 people are interested
The mission of United Rehabilitation Services (URS) is enhancing the quality of life for children and adults with disabilities or other special needs. Currently, less than half of our normal clients are in the building at URS. Because many of them are at a higher risk of getting sick from Covid, our class sizes are smaller and many people are still at home. Even though we’re in the middle of the pandemic, we still need you!!
You can help us by creating individualized kits that can be used at URS or at home, based around STEAM disciplines - or Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math.
Your mission is to think of a project based around STEAM that can be done by someone with a preschool up to a 3rd grade education level and then make them! Once you have thought of the project, gather your supplies and put them in individualized bags or boxes, like a Ziploc bag. Include instructions and make the kits in sets of 10. In other words, make 10 kits, 20 kits, 30 kits and so on; depending on how many supplies and how much time you have to make the kits. From there, you’ll bring the kits to URS and we’ll hand them out to our clients!
Thank you for your support because together, we can make a difference.
If you have any questions or would like more information on how to make these kits, contact Lora Davenport at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937)853-5430.
What you need:
- Individual containers for each kit (i.e. gallon zipper bags)
- Items to create the project of your choosing
- Paper and pen OR computer and printer (for the instructions)
- Permanent marker
- Decide what project, based around the STEAM disciplines, you would like to make.
- Decide how many kits you will be making and gather your items.
- Assemble each kit into the containers.
- Include instructions in each Make sure they are easy to read and understand.
- On each container, write the project name, the STEAM discipline(s) it meets, and the approximate grade level it suits (i.e. preschool, kindergarten, 1 st, 2 nd, 3 rd).
- Contact Lora Davenport at (937)853-5430 or email@example.com to schedule a drop-off at URS.
About United Rehabilitation Services of Greater Dayton
4710 Old Troy Pike, Dayton, OH 45424, US
Enhancing the quality of life for children and adults with disabilities or other special needs.
Serving infants, children and adults with disabilities since 1956.