Office Assistant Volunteer
Des Moines Area Religious Council
PURPOSE: To provide support to the staff members of DMARC, particularly with clerical and data entry tasks. Provide customer service to agency visitors as needed.
- Assist with mass copy orders and bulk mailings.
- Ensure document preservation through scanning and organizing within Sentry File document server.
- Prepare for agency special events, including updating Excel files to track event details. Assist during events as needed and available.
- Other clerical tasks as needed
TRAINING: Training is designed to cover (but not limited to):
- The agency policies and procedures.
- Professionalism in dealing with the general public, customer service skills, and training in other soft-skill areas such as cultural sensitivity, conflict management, etc.
- Technology and office equipment including copiers and computers.
Looking forward to working with you!
About Des Moines Area Religious Council
3816 - 36th Street, Suite 202, Des Moines, IA 50310, US
The Des Moines Area Religious Council [DMARC] provides a means for responding to basic human needs; offers a context for interfaith dialogue and outreach [as well as education, fellowship and support]; and serves as a liaison and link between DMARC member congregations and our larger community.
The Des Moines Area Religious Council [DMARC] is comprised of nearly 150 local area congregations, comprised of Christian, Jewish and Muslim faith traditions. We are united in our commitment to the Golden Rule, as reflected in our efforts to serve the needy through a variety of direct service iniatives. We operate a Food Pantry Network which distributes basic food items at partner sites throughout the community. We provide subsidized childcare for working families through our Childcare Assistance initiative. We provide emergency financial assistance intended to keep people in a safe home environment through our Compassion In Action iniative.
In addition, we serve the general public by providing a bridge for interfaith and outreach efforts within the larger community. DMARC cross cultural/interfaith gatherings [such as the David Bear Lecture Series] provide opportunities for increased understanding of diverse faith traditions. Our annual January Thaw education sessions [held in collaboration with the Center of Social Ministry, the Jewish Federation of Greater Des Moines and the Masjid An-Noor Muslim Community] provide unique and informative learning opportunities for local residents. Our Beyond Beliefs Tours iniative enhances personal understanding of religious symbols and traditions of the diverse faiths located within our community. And, our LADOS support group helps those who have experienced the death of a spouse cope with their loss.