31 people are interested
Virtual Support Group Facilitator
ORGANIZATION: Thaddeus Resource Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
31 people are interested
We empower girls and women to move from hopeless to hopeful!
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a non-profit organization whose purpose is to restore HOPE, inspire GROWTH, and EMPOWER girls and women through education, life skill development, workforce training, and other supportive services.
The support group facilitator volunteer will facilitate support groups based on their own life experiences. Through guidance, the volunteer will have a great impact on the lives of those who seek the path to a brighter future and life. The volunteer will work in the donation center that strives to empower, educate, counsel, and inspire families and individuals to move from a place of dependence to living independently.
- Due to Covid-19, this position is 100% virtual until further notice
- All responsibilities will be done fully remotely, at interns' discretion/time
- Must be available to work 15-20 hours per week VIRTUALLY
- Must be available for the following VIRTUAL weekly meetings:
- All Staff Meeting: Mondays 9am - 11pm
- Must be able to meet when the group they facilitate meet
- Must be able to commit to this 1-yearvolunteer opportunity (accommodations can be made for school schedules, as well as exams)
- Provide individualized support and information on all topics related to the needs of the person supported
- The facilitator will spend time with the person supported working on specific goals and objectives, connecting to the community, and participating in meaningful activities and organizations
- Maintain paperwork specific to group management (rosters, attendance, and pre-group interview forms)
- Submit all required attendance sheets, reports and invoices in a timely and accurate manner
- The volunteer will work primary with low-income and homeless women/families
- Possess strong personal integrity and ethical principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and patience
- Be a positive role model
- Excellent listener
- Ability to motivate, encourage, and guide others
- Ability to pass the mandated reporter exam
- Facilitator must have the appropriate technology, internet connection and ability to function in a virtual capacity via Microsoft Teams
- Learn to provide effective communication efforts to facilitate group needs
- Learn to implement and utilize online communication software to guide and support groups
- Learn to actively listen and identify problems and provide solutions to support peers
- Learn to assess situations and create meaningful content to help improve group dynamics via online instruction
- Receive direct supervision from the Executive Director
- Participate in professional training offered to all employees
- Build resume and explore career options
- Apply skills and knowledge to the workplace
- Flexible scheduling to allow for changes in class/work schedule and final exams
*** We are an equal opportunity employer. ***
About Thaddeus Resource Center
Damien Avenue, La Verne, CA 91750, US
The Thaddeus Resource Center is a 501 c(3) non-profit organization whose purpose is to RESTORE HOPE, INSPIRE GROWTH, and EMPOWER GIRLS & WOMEN through education, life skill development, workforce training, and other supportive services.
Through our work, we hope to stop the downward spiral of at-risk and foster youth by providing them with valuable life, college and career development skills, they will be able to reverse their downward spiral so they can become our future leaders.
Our vision is to empower girls and women to move from hopeless to hopeful! We want to give teen mothers, single mothers, mothers of children with special needs, and mothers that are just in need the knowledge, confidence, and the opportunity to provide a better life for the next generation
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 27, 2022
- Youth Services
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication