We're sorry, this opportunity is no longer active.
Please find other opportunities.Find Opportunities
92 people are interested
Volunteer Project: UI/UX Designer needed for Visual Branding and Website Project
ORGANIZATION: Rainforest Partnership
Please visit the new page to apply.
92 people are interested
Do you want to make a difference for our planet and get hands-on work experience at an international conservation NGO? Rainforest Partnership (RP) is a non-profit based in Austin, Texas, with team members in the US, Peru, and Ecuador. We conserve and restore tropical rainforests by working with communities to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
RP is currently looking for a volunteer to assist in Rainforest Partnership visual branding and launching multiple global initiative sites. You will be working remotely in cooperation with the Marketing Manager, Director of Operations, Graphics Team, and the Website Team.
The expected time commitment is 10-15 hours/week. Hours can be reduced once the sites have been launched and the volunteer role will transition into supporting the maintenance of the website.
What we need:
- Visual branding guidelines / style guide that includes specific colors, fonts, and other graphic design elements to use in print and digital communications materials
- Icons, letterheads, templates, etc. in accordance with the style guide
- Website UI/UX design for our current and upcoming initiatives
What we have:
- Logo and high-level branding elements. You can build on top of existing elements.
- Previous experience or throughout knowledge of creating branding guidelines / style guides
- Experience in graphic design (please send us your portfolio)
- Ability to compose compelling imagery and web design under time constraint (i.e. distilling ideas into concise & impactful visuals.)
- Punctual and deadline driven & follows a design process
- Proficiency in using several medias
- Proficiency in design software(s) and MS Office tools
- Proficiency in Webflow preferred
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Rainforest Partnership
P.O. Box 49268, Austin, TX 78765, US
Rainforest Partnership is an international nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas. Our mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature. We envision thriving tropical rainforests that support a healthy, vibrant planet.
Our central objectives are to:
- Protect tropical rainforests and mitigate local drivers of deforestation by making it more profitable for the rainforest communities to keep the forests standing;
- Improve local livelihoods by helping communities establish and manage economically and ecologically sustainable businesses that flourish long after our work with the community is over;
- Make community members key players in the protection and monitoring of the forests where they live;
- Achieve added beneficial objectives alongside the key goal of rainforest protection including biodiversity conservation and climate change mitigation and;
- Create enduring, replicable models in regions where we work and beyond.
We are currently working with communities in the Amazon rainforest region in Peru and Ecuador, developing businesses specific to each project area, including biodiversity potential; land management practices, socio-economic conditions; cultural diversity etc.
We believe the time we invest to establish trust with partner communities, identify appropriate businesses, and form strategic partnerships are the building blocks for our project success. Each of our projects become an important site for understanding the synergy between environmentally sustainable economic development and rainforest conservation.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
August 17, 2022
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Web Design / UX
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- 10-15 hours/week