Did you know someone in the US needs blood every two seconds? To meet this critical need, the American Red Cross is looking for friendly, customer focused individuals to volunteer at blood drives in your community. The primary role of a Blood Donor Ambassador volunteer is to engage with donors by greeting, registering, answering questions, providing information, and supporting them through the recovery process at the refreshments table. The special attention volunteers give helps create a favorable impression that encourages ongoing donor support.
Provide excellent and enthusiastic customer service to enhance the blood donor experience. Engage with blood donors to promote blood donation and set the stage for a long-term commitment to regular blood donations. Express gratitude and ensure each blood donor is sincerely thanked for their donation.
* Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
* Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
* Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable.
* Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
* Model excellent customer service behaviors.
* Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
* Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
* Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
* Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
* Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
* Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
* May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
Must be 18 years of age or older
Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills
Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
Ability to understand technology needed for position: Donor Check-in, Donor Tablet, Rapid Pass, Donor App.
Ability to explain/teach technology to donors and fellow volunteers
Ability to regularly commit to schedule, arrive punctually and adapt to a change driven culture