34 people are interested
Alzheimer's Association Volunteer Community Educator- Maryland
ORGANIZATION: Alzheimer's Association of Greater Maryland
Please visit the new page to apply.
34 people are interested
This is a statewide volunteer opportunity in Maryland, with both virtual and in person options.
Alzheimer's Association Community Educators are volunteer public speakers who provide Alzheimer's Association education programs to community audiences. Community Educators:
- Deliver approximately 12 presentations annually using prepared Alzheimer’s Association evidence-based consumer education programs on a variety of care and support topics.
- Collaborate with local Association staff to expand programs by securing community partners, scheduling presentations, delivering the programs, and managing needed materials.
- Serve as presenter for chapter-scheduled education programs and conferences.
- Connect people with additional Association services and volunteer opportunities by proactively making referrals to Alzheimer's Association programs & free 24/7 Helpline.
- Demonstrated success with health education using excellent communication, presentation and adult education skills.
- Comfort with computers and familiarity with email and PPT presentations.
- Ability to network, and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and community partners.
- Passionate about the Alzheimer’s Association mission with personal or professional experience with dementia preferred.
- Must be age 21 to apply. Background checks are required.
3 More opportunities with Alzheimer's Association of Greater Maryland
About Alzheimer's Association of Greater Maryland
1850 York Road Suite D, Timonium, MD 21093, US
The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support and research. Our mission is to eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Alzheimer's Association offers a 24/7 Helpline (800.272.3900) to provide information and advice in more than 170 languages, over 60 support groups in Greater Maryland that provide a safe and confidential enviroment for conversation, support, guidance and resources, a variety of education programs for families, professionals and individuals facing dementia, safety services for people with Alzheimer's who wander, early stage engagement programs, care consulations and referrals for services to aid those living with Alzheimer's and their caregivers. The Alzheimer's Association is the leading voice for Alzheimer's disease advocary, fighting for critical research, prevention and care initiatives at the state and federal levels.
Multiple locations Towson, MD 21204
May 26, 2023
- Teaching / Instruction
- Public Advocacy
- Basic Computer Skills
- Public Speaking
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training