TRANS EMPOWERMENT PROJECT
We are looking for a Website Manager to help us expand and successfully run our website. Join us as we work to empower trans and gender non-conforming people! *Queer and Trans People of Color are highly encouraged to apply for this volunteer position*
Responsibilities would include:
- Work with the communications team to plan, manage, and monitor the organization's website
- Create appropriate website content aligned to the organization's strategy
- Create strategies to grow subscriber base and web traffic metrics
- Improve the user experience of the website
- Proficiency with WordPress
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues
- Content creation and writing skills
About TRANS EMPOWERMENT PROJECT
P.O. Box 11866, KNOXVILLE, TN 37939, US
The mission of Trans Empowerment Project is to elevate trans and gender non-conforming communities, particularly trans people of color, out of crisis and into empowerment through action, advocacy, and resource-building.
Founded in 2016 by an Afro-Latinx trans man, Trans Empowerment Project has helped over 600 trans and gender non-conforming people connect with the resources they need. We provide a wide range of programs and services to folks in these communities, with a particular focus on trans people of color, and we have continued to expand to address new problems as they arise.
Our programs and services include:
We welcome all volunteers, trans and cisgender, and we would love to have YOU as part of our team. We also value feedback and ideas from our volunteers, so if come on board and there's something you'd like to put together (content piece, virtual event, fundraisers, etc) we will do our best to provide you with the tools and support you need to get it done.
- inTRANSitions - emergency response program that can help clients with food, clothing, HRT assistance, or transportation away from abusive/non-affirming situations. This is usually accomplished within 24 hours of the client's first contact.
- Trans Employment Project - program that aims to connect trans job seekers with inclusive employers. We help clients put together resumes, prepare for interviews, and connect with potential employers. We also work with companies to help them craft more inclusive non-discrimination policies.
- Help for Allied Loved Ones (H.A.L.O) - a program designed to provide support and education to folks who want to be a better ally to a trans or gender non-conforming loved one.