5 people are interested
Nature by Firelight @ Lichterman Nature Center/ November 5, 2021
5 people are interested
Nature By Firelight
Location: Lichterman Nature Center
5992 Quince Rd. Memphis, TN. 38119
Date and Time: Friday, November 5 from 4:00-8:30
When the sun goes down, the fun begins at Lichterman Nature Center. Come out and enjoy the evening by magical fire light under the stars and volunteer at the same time. Volunteers must be 15 years and older for this event. To sign up for this event you must contact Janie Best Paraham at Janie.firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-636-2438.
Volunteers are needed to :
- Assist guests with hike times on night hike
- Screen guests for entry to the event
- Monitor the children’s craft table
- Monitors fire pit and guests in their table sections
- Make sure everyone has a smore kits
- Assists in the break down and clean-up of the event
- If you would like to volunteer or if you have any questions please contact Janie Best Paraham at Janie.email@example.com
Manager Volunteer Services
Janie.firstname.lastname@example.orgMuseum of History & Science / Pink Palace Museum
About Memphis Museums, Inc.
Pink Palace Family of Museums, 3050 Central Avenue, Memphis, TN 38111, US
The Pink Palace Family of Museums inspires visitors to discover human cultures, the natural world, technology and the universe. Our vision is to be a leader in creating a community of lifelong learners.
The Pink Palace Family of Museums is the most visited of Tennessee’s museums and one of the largest facilities of its kind in the Southeast. You can explore the cultural and natural history of the Mid-South through exciting exhibits, dioramas, and audio-visuals. Trace Memphis' development from the time of Spanish explorers through the Civil War and the yellow fever epidemics. You will also see how dinosaurs and fossils dramatically chronicle our ever-changing planet. The Museum also hosts a number of touring exhibits for visitors to see and experience throughout the year. The Museum offers:
- The Crew Training International 3D Giant Theater, with a screen four (4) stories high, offers educational films that takes you to exotic places or engages you with stories of world exploration from the deep sea to outer space.
- The Lida Gammill Sharpe Planetarium, a 130-seat theater-in-the-round, using planetarium technology to project star fields, visual images and patterns on a domed ceiling.
- Lichterman Nature Center, located in the heart of metropolitan Memphis, offers exciting nature exhibits and spans 65 acres of lake, meadow, and forest habitats. A certified arboretum, Lichterman has the convenience of extensive handicap accessible indoor and outdoor facilities for use during all types of weather. Three miles of accessible trails wind and loop through representative mid-south habitats punctuated by conveniently located rest stops.
- Coon Creek Science Center, located in rural McNairy County, Tennessee, is one of the most important fossil sites in North America. This property contains a treasure lode of superbly preserved Upper Cretaceous marine shells and vertebrate remains left there 70 million years ago when the water of the Gulf of Mexico receded.
5992 Quince Rd. Memphis, TN. 38119Memphis, TN 38119
September 11, 2021
- Environmental Education
- Must be at least 15
- Volunteers will need to stay from 4:00-8:30
- Volunteers will help with set up and take down of event.