Kids At Risk Action (KARA)
The Researcher/Writer finds previous research or conducts new research on the topic of child trauma and/or writes compelling content to help us educate the public. The product of this work is a collaborative book, content sharing across social media and with other media partners, Public Service Announcement distribution, and creation of digital trainings to ensure people are trauma-informed.
- Create, write, and edit fresh and engaging content using updated data and emotional testimonies that inspire the public to get engaged to take constructive action
- Collaborate with the team to develop, proofread, and edit content written by others
- Reinforce message consistency by developing an organizational voice with the team
- Attend a regular meeting with the team to provide updates
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detail-oriented, organized, deadline-driven
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy
- Prior experience conducting research in a professional and academic manner
- Native fluency in spoken and written English, able to communicate clearly and consistently
- Proficiency with Google Suite Apps such as Drive, Sheets, etc. and with email
About Kids At Risk Action (KARA)
910 1st St. South #4091 Hopkins, MN 55343, Hopkins, MN 55343, US
We support the people, policies, and programs that make life better for abused and neglected children by creating awareness, initiating conversations and involving the community in discussing childhood trauma and generational child abuse.
KARA engages principals, teachers, social workers, lawyers, judges, police officers, parents,
students, health professionals, and the larger community in stopping and healing child abuse and trauma.