Saturday Food Pantry Volunteer
Crossroads Community Services
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
11 people are interested
Crossroads Community Services will be open on the 1 st and 3 rd Saturday of every month. Saturday volunteers will ensure the efficiency and quality of most services provided by Crossroads.
Crossroads is doing everything we can to make sure people get the groceries they need in timely and safe manner. This is not the time for people to be undernourished, which can weaken their resistance to COVID-19.
Due to COVID-19, Crossroads Community Services is has changed our food pantry operation and schedule. Our drive-thru food pantry is open Monday to Thursday from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm. We are serving clients in an efficient and reasonably safe manner, so that they do not have to leave their vehicle.
We are in a 72,000 sq. foot facility and have enhanced our cleaning methods, procedures, and schedule. Staff and volunteers are requested to wash their hands before entering the warehouse, wear protective gloves, wear a cover/mask face/nose area, and practice the recommended social distancing of six feet apart.
Supervisor: The Saturday volunteers will report to the Food Programs Manager
- Assist in pantry drive-thru: Volunteer-Assisting with the Drive-thru Pantry Operation, clients drive-up, stay in their cars with their windows closed, place pertinent information on the dashboard, which is recorded.
- Box building: Assembling, preparing, and pack 25 lb. Emergency Food boxes to be distributed in the drive-thru pantry.
- Pantry shelf stocking
- Sorting for Kroger Reclamation Program: Sorting and packing Kroger Reclamation product into 15 lbs. boxes of assorted product for CDP’s and client pantry distribution.
- Sorting diapers, pet food, baby wipes etc.
- Each shift will be 4 hours, 8:30 am-12:30 pm
- Pantry and drive-thru hours are 8:30 am-11:30 am
What Crossroads Expects from Volunteers
- Commitment to the mission
- Organized Operations
- Team work
Crossroads Community Services exists to nourish our community’s low-income families by providing nutritious food and supportive education. Volunteers are an integral part of our organization.
About Crossroads Community Services
4500 S. Cockrell Hill Road, Dallas, TX 75236, US
Crossroads Community Services exists to nourish our community's low-income families by providing nutritious food and supportive education.
Crossroads Community Services nourishes people and powers change by providing nutritious groceries and supportive education to those in need in Dallas.
In 2005 CCS became the first agency in the nation to match the amount of food aid provided from each food group with an individual’s age, gender, and activity level as recommended by the USDA’s MyPyramid. In 2010 CCS was named the Model Agency of the Year by the North Texas Food Bank for innovation and volume of food delivered. Last year, over 15,000 individuals benefited from 2.7 million pounds of nutritious food used to prepare 2.3 million healthy meals.
Crossroads provides low-income families with enough groceries to prepare 21 nutrient-and-calorie-balanced meals per person on a monthly basis. CCS also provides education regarding nutrition, meal planning, and obesity prevention to our clients.
Volunteer Today-Feed A Family Today