#MyDearFriend Kind Note Writing
GLAMOURGALS FOUNDATION INC
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
56 people are interested
Since Covid-19, our seniors are facing 100% isolation and our teen volunteers are balancing distance learning with ever-changing schedules in this challenging environment.
During this crisis, the GlamourGals program is providing uninterrupted training, individualized support, and guidance to over 100 teen volunteer chapters nationwide.
Join us in our goal to write 10,000 notes to isolated seniors this holiday season.
Make a pledge to write 10 notes and share them on Giving Tuesday, December 1st.
Every note written raises $1 for our program.
Note writing can be even more fun in a group!
Take 10 minutes on Giving Tuesday and join one (or all) of our note writing parties each hour!
After you make the pledge, we’ll send you details on how to share and mail your notes to seniors.
Sign Up Here: https://www.glamourgals.org/giving-tuesday#Pledge
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About GLAMOURGALS FOUNDATION INC
PO BOX 1284, COMMACK, NY 11725, US
To inspire and organize teen volunteers to provide ongoing companionship and complimentary beauty makeovers to women living in senior homes. To bridge the gap between generations one makeover at a time. To help teen volunteers become compassionate leaders of the future.
GlamourGals is a nonprofit organization that organizes student-led chapters based in high schools (grades 9-12) and colleges across the country. Rachel Doyle founded GlamourGals in 2000 in memory of her grandmother. The first GlamourGals makeover took place in Commack, New York with only three volunteers. We currently have more than 1,700 volunteers in 16 states, and 100 chapters visiting senior homes in their communities. Our volunteers provide seniors with a restored sense of dignity through personal attention and warmth of caring touch, as well as the opportunity to share their stories. We also focus on leadership development for our volunteers, providing them with leadership training, mentorships, and professional development workshops.
What you can do as a volunteer:
What you will gain as a volunteer:
- Connect with seniors in your local community
- Participate in makeovers to help seniors feel young again
- Provide seniors with a restored sense of dignity
- Gain the opportunity to listen to and share their stories
- Bridge the gap between generations in your community
- Develop confidence and have the opportunity to take on leadership roles
- Gain access to mentorship opportunities, interactive skill-building workshops, and professional development training
- Improve your interpersonal and communication skills by interacting with seniors
- Receive support, guidance, and materials from the GlamourGals National Office for senior home visits