HELP TEENS IN CRISIS - SOCIAL WORK CASE MANAGER
HARBOR HOPE CENTER
Harbor Hope Center is a private non-profit established to serve homeless minors attempting to complete their education. We also provide mentoring to at-risk students. We serve the greater Gig Harbor /Key Peninsula communities.
VOLUNTEER POSITION OVERVIEW: ASSIST SOCIAL WORK CASE MANAGER WITH INTAKES AND ONGOING STUDENT OVERSIGHT AT HARBOR HOPE CENTER
- Assist the Social Work Case Managers in conducting student intakes prior to them entering the Care Home for Boys or Care Home for Girls.
- Assist the Social Work Case Managers in working with students to stabilize them as they transition to the Care Home where they will receive safe housing and mentoring. The Social Work Case Manager will set goals with the student to help them finish high school and/or be reconciled to their parent/guardian or moved into a host home in the community.
- Assist the Social Work Case Manager in maintaining clear, professional, timely notes, service plans, progress updates, outcomes and other documentation in designated databases.
- An extensive intake procedure and background check is conducted on all students prior to admittance to the Care Homes to assure that the student will benefit from the program.
About HARBOR HOPE CENTER
PO BOX 2291, GIG HARBOR, WA 98335, US
Harbor Hope Center is dedicated to bettering the lives of those in need in Gig Harbor and the Key Peninsula. Our vision is "No Neighbor With Unmet Needs."
We serve homeless and at-risk youth through five pillars of service:
- Host Home Program for Homeless Students
- Mentoring for Students and Parents