HUCA: Talent Sourcer
Volunteer Position: Talent Sourcer/Coordinator
Department : HUCA
Reporting to: Recruiting Manager
This is a highly collaborative role where you will be partnering closely with a team of cross-functional Recruiters to source and attract the best talent to JerseySTEM. You will also get the opportunity to be involved in ad-hoc Talent/Hr projects and initiatives.
Essential Functions of the Volunteer Position
- Partnering closely with recruiting partners to understand position requirements and develop sourcing strategies
- Source, identify and screen candidates using a variety of search methods to build a robust candidate pipeline for current and future hiring needs
- Conduct pre-screenings and coordinate interviews
- Ensuring a great candidate experience throughout the candidate journey
- Manage the shared inbox and our ticketing system in Jira
- Provides weekly reporting on sourcing metrics and talent mapping initiatives
- Take part in ad-hoc Talent/HR projects where needed
Required Education, Background, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Recruiting coordination and/or sourcing experience is required
- Knowledge of recruitment best practices, interview techniques and sourcing methods
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders across the organization
- Highly organized and self-motivated with strong organizational skills and great attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in G-suite required
- Knowledge using Slack, Salesforce, and JIRA is preferred
- Experience with start-up/non-profit environment is a big plus
Weekly Time Commitment Required
- 10-15 hours per week, 3 month commitment
Please Note: Recruiting Partners please indicate this in the posting-
"If you are interested in this volunteer position with JerseySTEM, please complete the application here: volunteer.apply.jerseystem.org AND with VolunteerMatch."
36 Chatham Road, Summit, NJ 07901, US
Our Mission JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math ("STEM") education to pre-teen and teenage girls and underserved children in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st century problem solving skills, and self esteem. Our Goals Reduce the gender gap in STEM participation by serving 25,000 girls by 2025 Bridge the innovation gap in STEM education by introducing novel formats for teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Address the opportunity gap by expanding access to STEM programs in underserved communities
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.