Business Development Manager
The National LGBTQ Society
The mission of the National LGBTQ Society is to create a safe space and safe environment for members of the LGBTQ community and our allied community through our purpose of providing meaningful support, resourceful resources, and education.
This position is a manager or director level role within our organization, this position does or will have supervisory responsibilities. Our organization is currently operated and organized by 100% volunteer’s. No compensation will be offered for this role, as no roles within this organization are currently compensated. This position reports to the Executive Vice President of Marketing and Public Relations (EVP, Marketing & Public Relations)
1. Responsible for reaching out to other businesses that align with our mission to form corporate sponsorships and corporate relationships
2. Identify new business clients, or business donors
3. Maintain a strong knowledge of our organization, our mission, and our purpose.
4. Creating and maintaining rapport with corporate sponsorship and partnerships.
5. Serve as a member of the Marketing and Public Relation’s team and be active on the
6. Develop relationships and collaborate with key board members
7. Identify grant funding opportunities
8. Writing, submitting, and managing grant proposals
9. Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents
10. Collaborating with board members to send funders newsletters.
11. Develop a growth strategy focused on financial gain and client satisfaction
12. Build long-term relationships with new and existing sponsorships and partnerships
1. Experience as a business development manager, or grantmaker
2. Experience in customer service
3. Communication and Negotiation skills
4. Ability to build rapport
5. Proficiency in MS Office
6. Experience in Customer Support
About The National LGBTQ Society
877 Saint Paul Ave, Apt 6, Saint Paul, MN 55116, US
Our mission is to create a safe space and safe environment for members of the LGBTQ Community and its Allies by providing valuable resources, support, educational courses.
We are also on a mission to combat homelessness and hunger within the LGBTQ community, we are looking at establishing community centers across the country and our goal is to create a safe space and a homeless shelter and food pantry in every state.