A Free Bird
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions and give them the strength to fight their disease. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and much more!
As a HR advisor, your main responsibility will be to offer advice and guidance based on professional knowledge and experience on matters relevant to the department.
- Advising courses of action and providing professional insight on various HR queries relevant to AFB on an on-call basis.
- Monitoring, reviewing and updating all HR policies and ensuring these are in line with the current legislation as needed.
- Handling HR matters reliably and in accordance with legal requirements.
- Supporting the HR Manager and/or Director with advice regarding various tasks.
- Assisting with and providing professional advice regarding the development and execution of policies and procedures for the HR department.
- Driving the business performance in relation to the organization’s objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the HR field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Google suite, specifically Google Hangouts, Google Calendar, and Gmail.
- Availability to support the HR department on an ad-hoc basis for at least 4 months.
Due to the recent outbreak of COVID-19 and its severity, the organization has committed to working remotely. We care about our interns/volunteers’ health and we will adapt to the new working environment accordingly.
Proper at-home working capabilities include laptop, smartphone, and connection to WiFi/internet. Must be available to have a phone/video conversation at least once per week.
About A Free Bird
146 smith st, Brooklyn, NY 11201, US
A Free Bird aims to provide the opportunity for children diagnosed with cancer to continue explore their artistic passion, and to give them the strength and the power to fight their disease.
A Free Bird is a start-up non-profit organization dedicated to fighting childhood cancer through art and music therapy. We provide children aged 6 -18, who are diagnosed with cancer, the chance to pursue their passion for the arts.
We believe that the strength and healing powers of the arts are the best therapy!
A Free Bird supports children diagnosed with cancer in their exploration of art, music, acting, poetry, creative writing, graphic design, singing, and any other artistic passions that they may have.
A Free Bird addresses the needs of both children currently fighting cancer and of recovering children through two main programs Dream, FIGHT FREE and FREE.