28 people are interested
Become a Medical Chaperone
ORGANIZATION: Agency on Aging of South Central CT's RSVP Program
Please visit the new page to apply.
28 people are interested
Become a Medical Chaperone Volunteer and work with the Agency on Aging in helping local Seniors, Adults with Disabilities, Veterans and Family Caregivers maintain their health, well-being and independence. Our focus in on the greater New Haven area.
- This type of support is needed, essential and currently does not exist with the typical transportation and/or medical facility protocols.
- Our Medical Chaperone Volunteers offer, reminder phone calls, door through door support on the day of the appointment, accompaniment to, from and during the appointment and follow-up.
- Chaperones do not drive the client in their car, they ride with the client to and from the appointment. We are currently working with interfaith Volunteer Caregivers for transportation.
- Encouraging, supporting and physically being there for someone who needs that extra help to keep their medical, dental, vision, therapy and/or outpatient procedure appointments.
- As a Medical Chaperone you are able to make a tremendous impact on the life of another.
All volunteer must register, successfully complete a background check and receive training.
A 3-4 hour commitment on a weekly basis is requested and all necessary PPE for both self and client will be provided as necessary. Hours of operation are: Monday - Friday 8 to 4.
08:00 AM to 03:00 PM
Monday thru Friday, volunteer need is contingent on the assigned client(s) appointment.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Agency on Aging of South Central CT's RSVP Program
117 Washington Ave, Suite 17, North Haven, CT 06573, US
The Agency on Aging of South Central CT’s mission is to "Empower Adults to remain as independent and engaged as possible within their communities through advocacy, information, and services." The Agency’s Volunteer Program offers individuals service activity opportunities throughout the Greater New Haven area and its mission is to "Recruit Volunteers who are interested in applying their skills, offering socialization, assisting with fraud protection and/or accompanying individuals to non-emergency doctor appointments." If you are looking for a way to make a difference in the life of another or your community, consider reaching out to the AOASCC volunteer program.
The Agency on Aging’s Volunteer program places volunteers in a variety of different service activity situations. Some focus on providing individualized support to seniors, individuals with disabilities, family caregivers and Veterans within the community referred to the organization for assistance in maintaining their independence. Other opportunities are available to offer support to local non-profit organizations, schools and municipalities in the greater New Haven area.
Founded in 1971, AOASCC's AmeriCorps Volunteer program is one of the largest and oldest volunteering efforts in the nation. One of twelve programs in CT, the program provides support services to a 14-town region, but our volunteers can come from anywhere.
If you want to use your talents, life experiences and skills to help others, the Agency on Aging’s Volunteer program is for you!
Multiple locations North Haven, CT 06473
March 22, 2022
- Elder care
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment can be somewhat flexible. It is helpful if volunteers are able to offer a consistent day or time for scheduling purposes.
- Cell phone for communication and access to training, scheduling and tracking systems.