41 people are interested
Get a stipend while you volunteer! Be a Medical Chaperone....
ORGANIZATION: Agency on Aging of South Central CT's RSVP Program
Please visit the new page to apply.
41 people are interested
Are you someone who likes helping others? Do you feel Health is Important? Would receiving a $15. stipend for each assignment help your bottom line.... Then this is the volunteer opportunity for you.
Help someone maintain their Health and Well-being by becoming a Medical Chaperone Volunteer.
The Agency on Aging of South Central CT is very committed to assisting those that need a-little extra support in maintaining their health, well-being, and independence through regular and necessary non-emergency medical care.
- Focusing our attention to those in the Greater New Haven county.
- Attempts are made to keep volunteers in a 10 mile radius for their assigned client.
- Medical Chaperone Volunteers offer, reminder phone calls, door through door support on the day of the appointment, accompaniment to, from and during the appointment and follow-up.
- Chaperones do not drive the client in their car, they ride with the client to and from the appointment via transportation that the client secures.
- As a Medical Chaperone you are able to make a tremendous impact on the life of another.
Volunteer must be at least 21 yrs. Old and have the ability to get to and from their assigned clients home independently. Registration, interview, successfully complete a background check, and training is required. A nontaxable Stipend of $15.oo is paid for each round trip completed. Typical hours of need are Monday - Friday 8 to 5pm.
08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
Monday thru Friday, volunteer need is contingent on the assigned client(s) appointment.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
1 More opportunity with Agency on Aging of South Central CT's RSVP Program1 Review
About Agency on Aging of South Central CT's RSVP Program
117 Washington Ave, Suite 17, North Haven, CT 06573, US
The Agency on Aging of South Central CT’s mission is to "Empower Adults to remain as independent and engaged as possible within their communities through advocacy, information, and services." The Agency’s Volunteer Program offers individuals service activity opportunities throughout the Greater New Haven area and its mission is to "Recruit Volunteers who are interested in applying their skills, offering socialization, assisting with fraud protection and/or accompanying individuals to non-emergency doctor appointments." If you are looking for a way to make a difference in the life of another or your community, consider reaching out to the AOASCC volunteer program.
The Agency on Aging’s Volunteer program places volunteers in a variety of different service activity situations. Some focus on providing individualized support to seniors, individuals with disabilities, family caregivers and Veterans within the community referred to the organization for assistance in maintaining their independence. Other opportunities are available to offer support to local non-profit organizations, schools and municipalities in the greater New Haven area.
Founded in 1971, AOASCC's AmeriCorps Volunteer program is one of the largest and oldest volunteering efforts in the nation. One of twelve programs in CT, the program provides support services to a 14-town region, but our volunteers can come from anywhere.
If you want to use your talents, life experiences and skills to help others, the Agency on Aging’s Volunteer program is for you!
Multiple locations New Haven, CT 06511
June 6, 2023
- Elder care
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Time commitment can be flexible.
- A Cell phone for communication and access to training, scheduling and tracking systems is not mandatory but does help.