The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
Grow with our non-profit organization by providing much needed support to our organization. Help us lay the foundation of this new organization and work to provide positive technical, social + environmental change.
We need volunteers who are passionate about our cause, mission, goals, projects, and programs and have proven interests in these fields and spheres that we represent.
Supporting the Organization Manager, assist with volunteer functions such as recruitment, onboarding, engagement, development, and retention. May coordinate relevant projects.
- Assist with volunteer recruitment efforts such as developing descriptions, managing requisitions, interviewing, and placing volunteers .
- May assist with recruiting events to attract volunteers.
- Support onboarding initiatives such as training volunteers on technology tools, orienting volunteers to SJEI, connecting volunteers with others, etc.
- Support engagement efforts, such as survey efforts, organizing and participating in recognition programs and special events , communication campaigns and 1:1 check ins.
- C ollaborat e with Operations, Marketing and other departments to provide ongoing engagement and operational efficiencie s as needed.
- Support future development efforts.
- Assist Organization Manager with d evelop ing volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of service.
- Recommend operational changes based on feedback from volunteers and leaders.
- Maintain accurate volunteer records.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other volunteer organizations within the area .
- Partner with Organization Manager to resolve potential grievances and promote cooperation and interest amongst volunteers.
- Create and distribute various internal communications and publications .
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Public Management or related field or an equivalent combination of education or related experience.
E xperience in volunteer management/engagement or human resources highly preferred.
Commitment to Ethical Standards - serve as faithful agents o f the organization . Avoid deceptive acts. Conduct themselves honorably, responsibly, ethically, and lawfully.
ROLE SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
Active Listening - can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees ; u tilizes strong listening skills to formulate direct, responsive answers to questions .
Attention to detail - achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task .
Collaborative - cooperates and works willingly with others to create solutions that benefit all involved .
About The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative
2 North Central Avenue, Suite 1800, Phoenix, AZ 85004, US
Our organization seeks to research, develop, and implement engineering practices, designs, products, and methods that promote social and environmental justice and overall sustainability. Further, we strive to educate, advocate, plan and engineer the future development of our cities, towns, neighborhoods, farms - our planet.
The Social Justice + Engineering Initiative is a conscious engineering, social justice, and environmental justice organization that seeks to implement sustainable engineering practices, designs, and developments that adhere to social and environmental justice.