NHQ:VS - Engagement & Client Support - National DEBV Support Team Member
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHS) Volunteer Services (VS) team, specifically the Engagement & Client Support unit. The Role of the National DEBV Support Team Member is to provide on-call support the field in areas of recruitment, intake, scheduling, and placement of Disaster Event-Based Volunteers (D-EBVs) during times of disaster.
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide virtual training and support to regions on the use of the Disaster Relief Operation (DRO) shift tool
- During disaster responses, provide technical support to regions for setup and management of DRO shift tools
- Provide guidance on the recruitment and engagement of the Disaster Event Based Volunteers
- Create daily reports on DEBVs and shift tool fill rates during times of disaster
- Utilize DEBV data in Power BI and create reports for data visualization
- Prior experience using administrative functions in Volunteer Connection, required
- Prior experience creating and managing shift tools in Volunteer Connection, required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and PowerBI
- Prior experience creating reports to visualize data, required.
- Availability to be on call one week per month, required
- Availability to support disaster relief operations virtually for one full week with an expectation of around 10-12 hours each day, required
- Ability to commit to position for one-year, required
- Must be 18 years or older, required
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.