NHQ:VS - Doctrine & Training - Knowledge Management Lead
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Volunteer Services (VS) department, specifically the Doctrine & Training team. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) position. The Knowledge Management Lead assists in the organization and tracking of all Volunteer Services Doctrine that is posted on The Exchange. (The Red Cross Intranet).
- Develop and manage the tracking and organization of all Volunteer Services doctrine that is posted on The Exchange.
- Tracks all volunteer services doctrine to include posting location, owner, expiration dates and association to the Volunteer Services engagement and recruitment cycle step.
- Partners and communicates with the entire doctrine team to collaborate, update and repost doctrine in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with The Exchange team by running regular audits to ensure that volunteer services doctrine is accurate, up-to-date and utilized by the field appropriately.
- Identifies the strengths and areas for improvement of field utilization numbers with accessing posted volunteer services doctrine on The Exchange.
- Works to design and develop accessible and easily digested layouts of exchange toolkit pages
- Experience as a project manager, required
- Experience supervising a team, required
- Professional experience working in a related knowledge management or document tracking position, required
- Strong virtual organization skills, required
- Experience using most Microsoft office programs, primarily Microsoft Word and Excel, required
- Comfortable using O365 platforms as a organization and communication platform, specifically Sharepoint and Onedrive, required
- Experience using a project management system, required Available 4 - 6 hours per week during business hours, required
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.