LISTEN FOR A CHANGE
Listen for a Change is looking for additional board members. The right candidate will be passionate about social justice and connecting communities through the art of storytelling. The Board supports the work of Listen for a Change and provides mission-based leadership, development assistance and strategic governance.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Listen for a Change’s mission and who has relevant skills and leadership experience. Ideal Board Members will have a background in business, government, philanthropy, education or the nonprofit sector that allows him/her to attract funders, partners, and program resources.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- A commitment to and understanding of Listen for a Change’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience. (Visit our website or YouTube channel!
- Flexibility, availability and interest in taking a leadership role in the development of an early stage nonprofit
- Expertise in finance, publicity and marketing, strategic planning, donor cultivation, fundraising and/or event planning
- Strong diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and facilitating and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, follow through, and a passion for improving the lives of Listen for a Change’s communities
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About LISTEN FOR A CHANGE
3649 19TH ST, SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94110, US
Listen for a Change is a 501(c)(3) founded in 2016 that uses personal storytelling to bridge divided communities by creating a platform for marginalized voices. We seek to break the cycle of discrimination by empowering all voices using personal storytelling.
With our story hours and other storytelling events:
We find the voices that you don't hear: Our our story hours give a stage to the beautifully diverse, brave voices among us to share their journeys of struggle and hope.
We turn up the volume: Our stories open up the hearts and minds of hundreds at our story hours, but it doesn’t end there. We create dynamic, emotionally-resonant videos and podcasts to reach thousands in polarized and isolated communities to connect, heal, and share. Storytellers also share their stories in compelling written pieces on our blog.
We mobilize social change: We ask each storyteller to represent a local nonprofit fighting on the front lines of their issue. We raise awareness, donate funds, and encourage listeners to volunteer their energy where it is most needed.
With our workshops:
We work with youth to restore their dignity and agency: Our social/emotional storytelling workshop coaches high school juniors and seniors to reclaim control and ownership over their marginalizing experiences through discovery of their voice and story.
We work with workplaces: Our equity/inclusion storytelling workshop equips working professionals with the tools to activate compassion and social change through sharing their own narrative and to practice listening to create unity and promote equity and inclusion.