Shelter Association Of Washtenaw County
The Shelter Association of Washtenaw County is looking for volunteers to work at our shelters from November to April. During the winter months, we shelter clients in multiple shelter locations and we’ve expanded to more locations because of social distance and shelter-in-place rules of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Working with our clients is a great opportunity for anyone with previous experience or interest in social work, customer service, human services, driving, social issues, or communicating with an interesting, diverse population. Management employees are always available by phone for questions or in cases of emergency. Staff members are provided with face masks and other Personal Protective Equipment if needed. All volunteers MUST have a valid driver’s license.
Positions are open for Day Shelter Support Shifts and Shelter Driving Shifts. All shifts are part-time, 7 days a week, with varying hours.
Day Shelter Support Shifts include the responsibilities of:
- Assisting with microwave preparation and distribution of pre-packaged lunch to clients
- Answering questions and providing resources to clients
- Transporting clients in company van to and from shelters
- Shifts are 10 AM-2 PM or 3 PM- 7 PM
Shelter Driving Shifts include the responsibilities of:
- Transport clients from our Warming Center shelter at Meri Lou Murray Recreation Center to the Delonis Center shelter OR transport clients from the Delonis Center to Rotating shelters and the Warming Center
- Shifts are 4 AM- 6 AM or 6 PM- 10 PM
All volunteer positions start November 1.
Visit annarborshelter.org/volunteer to apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
About Shelter Association Of Washtenaw County
312 W. Huron St., P.O. Box 7370, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, US
The Shelter Association of Washtenaw County provides temporary shelter and supportive services in a safe and caring environment, and works with the community to allocate the necessary resources to meet the needs of people who are homeless.
An Organization whose services lead the community to understand and humanely respond to the needs of its members who are currently experiencing homelessness.