5 people are interested
Provide hunger relief for Seniors in St. Paul through our monthly distribution(18+)
5 people are interested
Have a big impact on the lives of local seniors! Second Harvest Heartland provides a box of nutritious food each month to low-income seniors 60 years and over through the Nutrition Assistance Program for Seniors (NAPS). Volunteers in this role assist at distribution sites where Second Harvest Heartland gives out the boxes of groceries. You can assist in the setup, certification and recertification of clients who receive a box and help senior clients carrying their boxes and/or loading them into their vehicles. This position is physical, fast-paced, and offers face-to-face client interaction.
This is a once-a-month position for 1.5-3 hours per shift. This role can be physical, fast-paced, and is a wonderful and direct way to help seniors at risk of hunger!
- Physical ability to lift 30+ pounds, from the ground, repeatedly
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to make a monthly commitment for a minimum of 6 months (schedule varies by site)
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Friendly, helpful "customer service" demeanor
- Willingness to interact patiently and with empathy with participants from all ethnicities
- Comfortable working in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work in all weather conditions (some distributions are outdoors due to COVID)
- Ability to be on your feet for extended periods up to 2 hours
Location & Schedule:
- Ravoux Towers, St. Paul (1st Friday, 10:30-11 a.m.) Must be able to lift 35+ pounds throughout shift.
- Neighborhood House and Dunedin Terrace, St. Paul (1st Thursday, 11a-12p)
- Requires ability to bring boxes on a cart from main building over to the apartment located next door.
Time commitment: Monthly role for a 6 to 12-month commitment
To apply: Visit the opportunity on our portal, www.volunteer.2harvest.org and if the opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, click on "Respond" to express your interest and complete the initial steps in the process. After responding, you’ll get an email confirming your interest and a link to our application.
Questions? Reach out to Beth Ashton, email@example.com.
10:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Monthly shift- 1st Friday of each month, Ravoux High Rise
11:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Neighborhood House and Dunedin Terrace, St. Paul
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Second Harvest Heartland
7101 Winnetka Ave No., Brooklyn Park, MN 55428, US
The mission of Second Harvest Heartland is to end hunger through community partnerships. At Second Harvest Heartland, our volunteer partners do more than enrich our work, they ground us to our mission of ending hunger together. We integrate volunteers into all aspects of creating and delivering solutions that will free our neighbors of hunger.
More than a food bank, Second Harvest Heartland is a leading partner in the policies and programs that work to end hunger, like SNAP, school meals and senior nutrition programs, and we’re an innovator in the areas where food can be the solution, like FOODRx and Minnesota Central Kitchen.
Second Harvest Heartland is a member of Feeding America, a national network of more than 200 food banks serving every state in the United States. Membership means access to millions of pounds of surplus food and grocery donations from manufacturers and producers throughout the country.
Working with our network of partners, volunteers and donors as well as people like you, our 90,000+ square feet of dry, refrigerator and freezer space is constantly accepting and distributing donations. Our fleet of trucks travels nearly half a million miles a year, picking up food donations and delivering them to local food shelves, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, senior community centers and children's after school programs. Each year we distributed more than 100 million meals to our partners in hunger-relief. Learn more at 2harvest.org.
Click here to visit our volunteer portal and view all available opportunities.
Multiple locations Saint Paul, MN 55104
September 21, 2021
- Customer Service
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People Skills
- Elder care
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 -3 hours per shift, one shift per month