6 people are interested
Tech Support for Seniors!
6 people are interested
Provide one-on-one technology support to help seniors stay connected and access essential services through technology.
DUTIES & ACTIVITIES:
- Troubleshoot technical support issues with participants and walk them through solutions
- Meet with individuals in person at Hollywood Senior Center, remotely over the phone, or at individual residences in Portland (choose the best fit for you).
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Tech savvy and skilled at using a variety of devices and platforms such as Zoom, PCs, tablets, iPhones, Android phones, and more.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to clearly communicate information.
- Ability to patiently support and teach individuals with limited technical knowledge.
- Commitment to the Community for Positive Aging’s mission and values, including promoting diversity, equality, and inclusion
- Up-to-date on Covid vaccination for in-person appointments.
TIME COMMITMENT: 1 to 2 hours per week
LOCATION: Hollywood Senior Center; remote options available
- Enjoy the rewarding experience of helping seniors stay connected with their community and essential services.
- Empower seniors to build basic technology skills needed to thrive during the pandemic.
- Become a member of the CFPA team and help achieve our mission of enriching the lives of those we serve.
APPLICATION: Visit our website at CommunityForPositiveAging.org or click here to apply now: https://www.volgistics.com/ex/portal.dll/ap?AP=182140888
Or contact us at 503.288.8303 to request a volunteer application by mail.
About Community for Positive Aging
1820 NE 40th Ave, Portland, OR 97212, US
Community for Positive Aging is a caring and healthy organization that encourages intergenerational relationships, recognizes the wisdom and experience of its elders, and demonstrates awareness and respect for the aging process. Seniors have access to a full spectrum of services, including social, emotional, educational, and recreational opportunities appropriate to their unique needs and interests. We value, appreciate and encourage the important contributions of older adults in our community and empower people of all ages to achieve happy, healthy aging.
CFPA was founded as Hollywood Senior Center in 1973, a nonprofit committed to creating an uplifting and vibrant environment for adults 55 and older while providing a channel for intergenerational relationships and learning. In July 2021, HSC expanded by absorbing The Giving Tree, another not-for-profit organization, committed to providing residential services to people living in affordable housing, including access to culturally-specific food, throughout Portland; merger of these two organizations form CFPA.
1820 NE 40th AvePortland, OR 97212
August 27, 2021
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Internet Research
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 to 2 hours per week