Monthly Newsletter Contributor-Raising awareness around infant loss
STILLBORN AND INFANT LOSS SUPPORT
Stillborn And Infant Loss Support-SAILS is looking for a freelance newsletter contributor who will help us communicate with our readers about issues regarding pregnancy and infant loss.
If you love writing and have a passion for raising awareness of pregnancy loss, infant loss, and other maternal health topics, then we want to hear from you today! Please fully complete our application and include at least one relevant writing sample.
- Pitch and write timely articles based on pregnancy loss, infant loss and other current maternal health related events
- Responsible for researching primary and secondary sources to include in the article
- Produce and utilize images, infographics, and other visual elements in email in order to tell a story or relay information to readers
- Consistently meet deadlines
- Experienced editor and writer that can showcase previous writing experience
- Must have a personality, a sense of humor, and can create compelling, valuable content that makes readers want to read our newsletters
- Attention to detail and copyediting is a must
- Adaptability and responsiveness to feedback
About STILLBORN AND INFANT LOSS SUPPORT
5557 Baltimore Ave, Ste. 550-951, Hyattsville, MD 20781, US
Our mission to to provide a platform of community, mentorship, education and advocacy for families impacted by pregnancy loss or the death of a baby before their first birthday.
There is nothing more devastating than waiting and expecting for months to meet your baby, only to have your hopes and dreams shattered when you find out your child has died.
Every year in the United States 26,000 babies are stillborn-they die sometimes after the 20th week of pregnancy, Many of these babies were perfectly healthy, and the pregnancies were seemingly uncomplicated. In two-thirds of all cases, the cause of death is never found.
Stillborn and Infant Loss Support (SAILS) is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to raising awareness and providing grieving families with resources and support.