PASS Virtual Volunteer
Dallas Pets Alive!
PASS Virtual Volunteer
Making Dallas a No-Kill city is a big job and as a volunteer-based organization, we need a lot of great volunteers to do it. As a PASS Virtual Volunteer, you'll seek alternatives with citizens who feel they need to surrender their pet to the shelter over email and our PASS voicemail line.
Reports to: The PASS Director
Works with: the general public, other PASS volunteers, the PASS Director, and other members of Dallas Pets Alive! (DPA) leadership
- Responding to emails and voicemails regarding the program, assisting citizens with alternatives to surrendering pets to Dallas Animal Services (i.e. low-cost vet care, training, temporary boarding, rehoming resources, etc.)
- Ensuring that everyone who contacts the PASS Line receives a timely response
- Entering all communications in tracking system
- Following up on inquiries to determine outcomes and if further assistance is needed
- Assisting with any other duties needed to help drive Dallas Pets Alive!’s mission and support our values
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Ability to attend PASS online training is required before volunteering
- Ability to work virtually, including reliable PC and phone access
- Must exhibit compassion for individuals considering surrender of their pet
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish strongly preferred
- Google Drive experience preferred but not required
- Counseling, social work or rescue experience is helpful
- Bilingual language ability helpful but not required
- Must not have conflicting associations with similar non-profit organizations or business(es) related to animal welfare
Dallas Pets Alive! Musts:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to maintain professional level correspondence at all times
- A motivational, can-do attitude to represent Dallas Pets Alive! in a positive manner to our supporters and the general public
- A problem-solving mindset to handle and diffuse challenging situations in a professional manner
- A love for animals and dedication to the cause of animal welfare
Time Commitment: 4+ hours per month; Must choose regular day(s) / time(s) to monitor PASS Line. We are currently seeking availability on Wednesdays!
To be considered, please be sure to also complete our volunteer application athttps://dallaspetsalive.org/volunteer/volunteer-application/
12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Dallas Pets Alive!
11700 Preston Road Suite 660, Dallas, TX 75230, US
At Dallas Pets Alive, our mission is to promote and provide the resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of companion animals.
We are implementing innovative and progressive programs in Dallas after studying the best practices of other cities (most notably Austin, Texas). We are currently focused on helping the healthy and treatable pets who are at risk of being killed in the Dallas Animal Services, by rescuing the pets that are at the greatest risk and helping owners who are having problems so great that they need to surrender their pet(s) to a shelter.
In our rescue program, we do not duplicate work of other agencies. We focus solely on the pets who have already been passed over by other groups and the Dallas Animal Services’ adoption programs that only take the healthy and treatable pets who are about to be killed and have no other options.