Treasurer - Keep our books straight!
The Fayette Humane Society
Reports to: The Board of Directors
- Be the Voice for animals that cannot speak for themselves, promoting FHS values including the importance of spay and neuter.
- Manage finances of the FHS organization
Position Function & Organizational Impact:
- Serve 3 year terms which are appointed or re-elected by Board of Directors vote
- Act in a fiduciary capacity to manage FHS’s finances
- Attend scheduled Volunteer and Board Meetings.
- Support and promote FHS philosophy, policies and procedures as set out in the FHS Handbook
- Ensure our organization is in compliance with all rules and regulations of our governing entities, such as the Department of Agriculture.
- Make sure that FHS internal guidelines, policies and procedures are being followed, and address non-compliance or issues with the parties involved.
- Collect and record funds received by FHS from fundraisers, personal and corporate donations.
- Prepare and distribute receipts to donors.
- Pay FHS invoices such as veterinary bills, insurance premiums, and any FHS licenses required in a timely fashion. Purchase foster supplies on an as needed basis.
- Manage financial accounting for the organization, ensuring all receipts and disbursements are recorded and all FHS accounts are reconciled.
- Prepare FHS tax preparation documentation for accountant.
- Must be willing to be an active Fayette Humane Society volunteer.
- Must be at least 25 years of age with 3 years of active volunteer service with FHS or other rescue organization; exceptions may be approved by the Board of Directors
- Warm, friendly, enthusiastic personality
- Commitment to the FHS philosophy, policies and procedures as set out in the FHS Volunteer Handbook
- Familiarity with Quickbooks or other Accounting software
- CPA experience a plus
Location of Work:
Work can be done at home, with trips to local post office to collect mail. Meeting are held locally but will vary as to exact location.
About The Fayette Humane Society
PO BOX 244, FAYETTEVILLE, GA 30214, US
Fayette Humane Society advocates for animals, supports the community, and enhances pet/owner relationships through spay/neuter programs, rehoming & adoption services, and community education and outreach.
The Fayette Humane Society is located in Fayette County, Georgia. We are a non-profit all volunteer organization that does not have a building. We assist pet owners with pet rehoming through owner surrender into out organization. We have initiated a Spay/Neuter program for pet owners and our dog/cat rescues in our community. Our volunteers coordinate and participate in a Trap/Neuter/Vaccinate/Return Program for feral cats. Our organization promotes adoption of our many dogs and cats through Weekend Petsmart Adoptions. We rely on Volunteer Fosters to provide housing for our many rescues until they find a forever home.