Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area, Inc.
- Not Benefits eligible
- Position available in Hyattsville, MD and/or Fairfax, VA
- Internship for Refugee and Immigrant Services
- Part Time (minimum 15 hours per week with 3-month commitment)
- Assist with arranging medical appointments for refugee clients
- Help clients resolve medical bills and review medical documents, such as medical referrals
- Support newly arrived clients in understanding the healthcare system in the United States such as facilitating a 101 healthcare system orientation (e.g., hospitals, urgent cares, medical emergencies, etc.)
- Support clients in navigating the pharmacy and related procedures
- Provide administrative support to Refugee Care Coordinator or Health Liaison in completing case notes
- Develop and conduct health orientations and related workshops
- Support health related programming and new initiatives
- Work as part of the program team and participate in staff meetings and in-service trainings
- Other duties as assigned.
Learn more at lssnca.org/about/careers.html or email email@example.com!
About Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area, Inc.
4406 Georgia Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20011, US
Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area (LSSNCA) walks with those in need and mobilizes community partners to provide services that offer hope and rebuild lives.
Since 1917, Lutheran Social Services of the National Capital Area (LSSNCA) has served boldly, offering hope and a helping hand where it is needed most.
Today, your support offers love to those in need, creating new families through adoption and foster care. Your advocacy engages our community to welcome and resettle displaced refugees. Your compassion embraces those whose present circumstances make them feel unwanted and marginalized by society, providing wellness and health education.