FINA 02: Assistant Head of Finance
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide backup support to the Head of Finance in directing and managing JerseySTEM fiscal functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and current trends and regulations, respectively.
Provide support and backup to the Head of Finance for the following:
- Ensure timely and accurate budget analysis and financial review for the management team
- Recommend and develop policies, procedures and systems to meet objectives
- Provide strategic financial leadership and support on the evaluation of financial issues affecting the organization
- Recommend and lead new efforts to improve ROE/ROA performance
- Work to optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiates needed strategies for improvement
- Build, develop and manage a finance team capable of carrying out needed initiatives
- Stay abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance for the finance and information technology functions
- Align financial policies and procedures with organization objectives
- Establish financial reporting systems and controls to ensure compliance with organization expenditure requirements and to meet customer needs
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Genuine interest in our mission of bringing STEM enrichment to middle school girls
- Open, can-do attitude
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or related field, MBA preferred
- Professional experience, with specific experience in finance and accounting management (i.e., controller, assistant controller, finance/accounting manager).
- Management experience, a plus
- Skilled in managing a team of volunteers
36 Chatham Road, Summit, NJ 07901, US
Our Mission JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math ("STEM") education to pre-teen and teenage girls and underserved children in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st century problem solving skills, and self esteem. Our Goals Reduce the gender gap in STEM participation by serving 25,000 girls by 2025 Bridge the innovation gap in STEM education by introducing novel formats for teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Address the opportunity gap by expanding access to STEM programs in underserved communities
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.