DEVT 01: Head of Development
Oversee the three main pillars of development (grants, fundraising, and events), ensuring budgeted fundraising goals are met so classes can continue.
- Proactively ensure pro bono volunteer staffing of development functions (approximately 15-20 pro bono volunteers) with support from HR for recruiting/org planning
- Lead the strategy development for each pillar, setting goals and holding people accountable for reaching those goals
- Provide outline/direction for each pillar, (i.e. write scripts, get leads loaded, agenda for colloquiums, etc.) including overseeing the building of the Salesforce contact list, and oversight of outreach for corporate mentors
- Touch base with each member weekly, either via email, phone, slack, etc. to ensure they are on track to hit goals they have set for the week or month
- Provide weekly updates to peers in organization on fundraising efforts, and participate in the bi-weekly Steering Committee meetings
- Review contributions weekly
- Partner with Marketing to ensure they are supporting our initiatives where it makes sense
- As time permits, meet with strategic groups in organization to see how we can be more efficient
- Participate in the leadership team activities of Budgeting, Planning and Reporting
- Genuine concern about/interest in solving the gender gap and opportunity gap in education
- Resourceful, can-do attitude
- Networking experience preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Development experience a plus
- 12 month commitment preferred, 5-10 hours/week
36 Chatham Road, Summit, NJ 07901, US
Our Mission JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering and Math ("STEM") education to pre-teen and teenage girls and underserved children in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st century problem solving skills, and self esteem. Our Goals Reduce the gender gap in STEM participation by serving 25,000 girls by 2025 Bridge the innovation gap in STEM education by introducing novel formats for teaching Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Address the opportunity gap by expanding access to STEM programs in underserved communities
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.