Project Sunshine Community Chapter Leader - Providence RI
Are you someone who is looking for a virtual volunteer opportunity this year? Look no further! Recently, a volunteer vacancy has opened up for Project Sunshine's Providence, RI Community Chapter. Due to COVID-19, our organization has launched Teleplay, our HIPAA compliant online service program!
Becoming a Chapter Leader with Project Sunshine is a ONE YEAR COMMITMENT that provides numerous opportunities to improve technological, organizational, professional, and personal skills. You must be 18 years or older to take on this position. Currently we are ONLY recruiting for a Chapter Leader located in Providence, Rhode Island. If you reside in Rhode Island, this message in particular is for YOU!
As a Project Sunshine Chapter Leader, you will be held responsible, along with your co-Chapter Leader (should you have one), for volunteer, hospital, program, and Project Sunshine leadership. As a Chapter Leader for the Providence, RI Chapter, your responsibilities are as follows:
- Volunteer Leadership
- Onboard and welcome new volunteers
- Coordinate volunteer RSVPs and confirmations for each project
- Oversee volunteers on-site
- Track volunteer attendance
- Model appropriate behavior and ensure professional boundaries are maintained at all times. This includes declining to exchange personal information with families, declining babysitting offers, as well as any exchange or receipt of gifts with patients and their families.
- Hospital Leadership
- Attend hospital volunteer training and complete the clearance process (if required)
- Understand and adhere to hospital protocol
- Coordinate with hospital contact, keeping them updated and informed in a timely manner
- Schedule programs and dates at least one month in advance
- Program Leadership
- Order Program Boxes or program supplies (via an online vendor) through Project Sunshine (if purchasing materials separately, submit reimbursement requests within 30 days of the program)
- Keep program purchases at or below $50 per program (unless prior authorization is received) - In-Person Only
- Test activities before each program
- Supervise activities during the program
- TelePlay Programming Responsibilities
- Schedule, plan, and coordinate a minimum of 1 Chapter Teleplay program per month
- Schedule, plan, and coordinate a minimum of 1 National Teleplay program per month
- Share program calendar and program invitations via CalendarAnything with fellow volunteers and hospital partners
- Email program flyer to hospital partner a minimum of two days prior to the virtual program with specific program links and information
- Delegate volunteer roles prior to the program to manage virtual program responsibilities of volunteer participants
- Complete virtual program surveys to provide ongoing feedback for Project Sunshine
- Project Sunshine Leadership
- Keep Project Sunshine staff updated on volunteers, hospital contacts, etc.
- Respond to all Project Sunshine communications in a professional and prompt manner (preferably within 72 hours)
- Submit program reports within one week of each program
About Project Sunshine
211 East 43rd St., Suite 401, New York, NY 10017, US
Project Sunshine is a multi-national, volunteer-based nonprofit that meets the social-emotional needs of pediatric patients and families living with all medical challenges.
Project Sunshine addresses the psychosocial and developmental needs of pediatric patients and their families. Over 18,000 trained volunteers deliver programs that provide opportunities for creative expression, socialization, intellectual stimulation, and sensory integration -ensuring childhood remains a place of wonder. Project Sunshine partners with over 325 medical facilities across the U.S. and in four international locations, serving more than 150,000 pediatric patients and families.