Volunteer Services Regional Engagement Volunteer
AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
The Volunteer Services Engagement Lead supports departments to engage volunteers serving in the region. They serve as a resource for Department Volunteer Engagement Leads in all lines of service (Disaster Cycle Services, Biomedical, etc.). They help to guide departments to understanding best practices for engaging volunteers.
- Consults with departments on position interviewing and on-boarding, planned growth experiences, and volunteer career development.
- Provides consultation, coaching and training resources to promote positive workforce relationships (employees with volunteers, volunteers with volunteers) and effective ongoing volunteer engagement.
- Follows up with volunteers and departments to ensure proper placement and job satisfaction.
- Consults with departments through the Department Volunteer Engagement Lead, regarding the leadership potential of volunteers and supports requesting departments in developing leadership and advancement opportunities for volunteers.
- Serves as the point of contact for reassignment or referring volunteers to other departments, or if not a fit for Red Cross to other agencies.
- Connects supervisors of volunteers to Volunteer Services HR relations team for mediation and facilitation of volunteer grievance and performance related issues.
- Leads ongoing discussions with requesting departments about volunteer engagement cycle, roles and responsibilities working to identify what’s working and lessons learned.
- Helps departments build and engagement plan that is manageable and supported by the department leadership.
- Conducts regulars scheduled meeting with Department Volunteer Engagement Leads to ensure continued support and guidance
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Works with team members to ensure the integration of their work with volunteer recruitment, referrals and screening, recognition, and Volunteer Connection.
- Ensures all volunteers are properly introduced to the mission, vision, values, structure, and programs through an effective regional orientation program.
- Supports Volunteer Services, as a department, to ensure high levels of engagement and satisfaction for volunteers working within the department
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
- Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
- Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service
- Work well both individually and with others
- Relevant, complementary management and/or technical skills/operational experience
- Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partners as well as board members, senior management, and other volunteer partners as needed
- Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience
- Capable of understanding the big picture and delegating tasks to team members if necessary
About AMERICAN NATIONAL RED CROSS
2600 W. Wisconsin Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53233, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.