Women Helping Encouraging Women
- Reads through or listens to material in one language, ascertains understanding of the meaning and context of that material, and converts it into a second language, making sure to preserve the original meaning
- Translates online, video, and television media by providing subtitles
- Consults with subject matter experts and other colleagues in order to understand specialized concepts and translate them appropriately
- Refers to online translation tools for additional assistance with translation
- Provides clients with quotes based on project length and level of complexity
- Follows up with clients to ensure satisfaction and understanding
- Translates a variety of documents including literary, legal, research, technical, scientific, educational, and commercial materials
About Women Helping Encouraging Women
P.O Box 254, Toledo, OH 43697, US
Women Helping Encouraging Women aka WHEW, Inc. is a 501(c)3 Non-profit Corporation serving the Greater Ohio community, and the Virgin Islands. We're committed to advocating for, and assisting Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Child Victim's.
W.H.E.W, Inc. emerged from an African-Caribbean woman born on the beautiful island of St. Thomas, Virgin Islands now residing in Toledo, OH. This woman and her mother both are Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Victims. Some of what helped them move from Victims to Survivors was loved ones, peers, and love for music, and dancing! The organization itself has been in existence since 2017, but the Founder of W.H.E.W, Inc. and her mother over the years have opened their hearts, and homes to other victims, and aspire to open a home one day for Victims, Survivors, and their child(ren).
Currently, W.H.E.W, Inc. organizes drives during Hurricane season to help out the islands, Turkey giveaways and have support groups online, and in person. They are assisted by their youth counterparts name T.I.K. Teens Inspiring Kids which was formed by the Founder's children to assist their peers. Her kids are frequently with her when out in the community volunteering, and giving back, from seeing their mother so active in helping others the kids one day approached their mother with the idea, and she happily assisted them in implementing T.I.K. They have assisted their Principal, and Toledo Police to safely return their peers that have run away by listening and collecting necessary information.
One of WHEW's biggest events that be inaugurated in June 2020 when the organization launches Glass City Caribbean Carnival. It will be a day of Fun and Liberation in the City of Toledo, and we will need all the help we can get.