Happy Endings No Kill Cat Shelter
We are looking for two people with vet tech experience who can work together as a team. We have a large constantly changing population and staying on top of things can be a challenge. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review the health of all cats at the shelter on a regular basis (minimally weekly).
- Some knowledge of feline symptoms to determine which cats need Veterinary services.
- Schedule Veterinary services.
- Make sure cats get to their Vet appointments.
- Consult with Veterinarian as to proper treatment and medication needed for cats.
- Administer intake of new cats as needed.
- Review intake of new cats by personnel other than the Medical Officer.
- Schedule spay/neuter of eligible cats as necessary.
- Administer or train others to administer FCRV vaccinations to kittens and/or cats.
- Train Med staff as to proper administration of medication as required.
- Make sure the Shelter has adequate Medical Staff to cover planned or unplanned absences.
- Monitor and order medical supplies as required. (both prescription and non-prescription.
- Coordinate with the Foster Coordinator placement of cats or kittens into Foster homes.
- Fill out Foster contract if necessary and notify Foster Coordinator.
- Submit all invoices for Pharma, Veterinary services and any other purchases to the Finance Officer.
- Update Shelter software with Intake information and Veterinary information for each cat as it becomes available.
- Review with and submit to the Board of Directors any new or changes to medical policies or procedures before implementation.
- Monitor Medical account to ensure money is available for Medical expenses.
- Determine which cats are candidates for TNR and coordinate the TNR process.(TBD)
- Must be able to work with others and be a team player.
About Happy Endings No Kill Cat Shelter
5349 W Forest Home Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53220, US
Happy Endings is a non-profit, no kill organization that has been in existence since 1994. It is run solely by volunteers. Our mission is to find permanent homes for strays, abused or unwanted animals that are either brought in to us or rescued off the street.
Happy Endings provides a safe haven for feral, stray, abused, neglected and or critically injured cats. We nurse those who are sick back to health and provide a home for all cats until they are ready to be adopted. ll of our adult cats are spayed and/or neutered before they are adopted.
Happy Endings is an all donation all volunteer run organization. If you would like to donate money or items - our Wish List is below. Monitary donations are always welcome - we spend over $70,000/year on medical bills.
Every month our cats eat:
- over 300 lbs. of dry food
- 150 cans of canned food
- 150 lbs. of special diet food and
- use over 800 lbs. of litter is used every week
Donation drives, car washes or other fundraising events are welcome. Please e-mail MediaRelations@HappyEndings.us if you require any specific information or have questions.