11 people are interested
Walk to Cure Arthritis Committee- NJ
Please visit the new page to apply.
11 people are interested
The Arthritis Foundation is seeking energetic and passionate individuals to join the Walk to Cure Arthritis Committee to help with recruitment and execution of the Walk to Cure Arthritis in Long Branch, NJ and West Orange, New Jersey. As of now, both events are scheduled to be held in person, with a virtual component.
The Jersey Shore Walk to Cure Arthritis at Long Branch is scheduled to take place on Sunday, May 22 at Great Lawn Pavilion in Long Branch.
The Walk to Cure Arthritis West Orange is scheduled to take place on Sunday, June 5 at South Mountain Recreation Complex.
Committee member's responsibilities may include:
- Attend Virtual Meetings once to twice a month
- Recruitment of past participants
- Recruitment of new walkers, health care providers, and arthritis warriors
- Solicit sponsorships and donations: financial and in-kind
- Planning and execution of the in person event, as well as virtual component on each respective date.
- Assist with social media
- Share the mission of the Arthritis Foundation
The Walk to Cure Arthritis Committee works closely with Arthritis Foundation staff. Our team of dedicated professionals and volunteers are leading the fight for the arthritis community and helping to conquer everyday battles through life-changing information and resources, access to optimal care, advancements in science, and build community connections.
The Walk to Cure Arthritis Committee will run through July 2021
Please contact Emily Meyers at email@example.com with any questions.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Arthritis Foundation New Jersey Chapter
555 Route 1 South, Suite 301, Iselin, NJ 08830, US
The mission of the Arthritis Foundation is to improve lives through leadership in the prevention, control and cure of arthritis and related diseases.
The Arthritis Foundation is the only national not-for-profit organization that supports the more than 100 types of arthritis and related conditions. Founded in 1948, with headquarters in Atlanta, the Arthritis Foundation has multiple service points located throughout the country. The Arthritis Foundation is the largest private, not-for-profit contributor to arthritis research in the world, funding more than $380 million in research grants since 1948. The foundation helps people take control of arthritis by providing public health education; pursuing public policy and legislation; and conducting evidence-based programs to improve the quality of life for those living with arthritis.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 11, 2022
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- 5-10 hours per month, with more hours surrounding Walk to Cure Arthritis Events
- Microsoft Office proficiency, Strong verbal and written communication skills, internet savvy, social media knowledge, must be able to work in a group and independently.