9 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: Habitat for Humanity Tucson
Please visit the new page to apply.
9 people are interested
HabiStore is Habitat For Humanity's retail store selling lightly used home furnishing supplies including furniture, appliances, tolls and more! Our Habistore gives a second life to items, saving them from landfills and givs someone the opportunity to improve their home for less.
We provide three 4.5 hour shifts per day for volunteers Monday through Saturday (8:30am-1pm, 10:30am-3pm, and 12:30pm-5pm).
The cashier is responsible for cashiering, handling customers, performing basic cash office functions, and providing every customer with an exceptional shopping experience. This position will strive to balance the cash drawer with little or no overages/shorts and follow the established cash and charge card acceptance procedures. The Cashier/Customer Service Associate is the "face" of the HabiStore and should act and work in a manner that is consistent with Habitat Tucson’s core values.
Volunteers perform duties such as:
- Provide an excellent customer service experience, work with customers during check out process and greet every customer in a helpful, courteous manner.
- Restock Inventory at or around cashier station IE Batteries, TEP Light bulbs, Dahdoul curtain rods, etc.
- Process customer’s purchased items at the checkout using the ThriftCart point of sale (POS) system
- Assure that the cashier stand is clean and orderly, remove trash from trash cans around cashier station.
- Complete sanitation checklist beginning and end of day.
- End of day shifts make sure radio and OPEN sign are turned off.
- Count cash at the beginning of your shift and balance the cash drawer at the end of your shift.
- Provide all accounting requirements per Financial Policy
- Manage sold items by printing sold tags and making sure a sales associate tags the sold item.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Volunteers are able to select the shifts that work best for their schedule and there is flexibility on volunteer day and times!
- 08:30 AM to 01:00 PM
- 10:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- 12:30 PM to 05:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About Habitat for Humanity Tucson
3501 N. Mountain Ave., Tucson, AZ 85719, US
Our Mission: Creating a more compassionate and just world, Habitat for Humanity Tucson brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
Habitat for Humanity Tucson is working to build a world where everyone has a decent place to live. We have built over 400 houses in the Tucson area, but there are still thousands of families that need decent, affordable housing. We are truly grateful for every helping hand. Your interest in partnering with us by volunteering in your community is truly appreciated. As a volunteer, you are working with your local Habitat for Humanity to build strength, stability, self-reliance and shelter. Learn more about Habitat for Humanity Tucson at our website: http://www.habitattucson.org/volunteer.
At Habitat Tucson, we build homes with the assistance of volunteers. Come join us as a part of a group or as an individual. Construction experience is not required.
We also have daily opportunities at our HabiStore where we sell gently used household goods and building supplies. Volunteers assist with receiving and sorting donated goods, greeting customers, and selling items. All of the proceeds generated from the HabiStore, support the building of more Habitat homes.
935 W Grant RoadTucson, AZ 85705
April 18, 2022
- Sales Marketing
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- We'd love a commitment of a minimum of two 4.5 hour shifts per month. Tuesday-Saturday 8:30am-1pm, 10:30am-3pm, 12:30pm-4pm).
- Must complete Volunteer Orientation and two shifts with a mentor.