DIGITAL PRODUCTION ASSISTANT Volunteer
EYEJ: Empowering Youth, Exploring Justice
Our mission is to empower and amplify the voices of teens and pre-teens by bridging them with diverse individuals to engage in interactive discussions centered around social justice.
EYEJ believes social justice means equality and opportunity for all. We believe a commitment to social justice requires us to value our collective diversity and commit to challenging injustice while simultaneously advocating on behalf of those who have the least.
EYEJ amplifies youth voices for those that are silent. EYEJ has impacted more than 1,600 underserved youth through it’s Discussion Series, YODJ: Youth Online Discussing Justice, EYEJ Youth Council, and EYEJ Speaks program.
History: Due to the death and ruling of Trayvon Martin, and through discussion and civil discourse, several Plymouth Church, UCC members including Mai Moore and June Antoine quickly gathered Plymouth Church members together as they knew that youth deserved and needed support to be empowered in August, 2013. Founder: Mai Moore, with her background and success in the tech industry understanding the balance between taking personal risk, speed, business, creating impact and results and community was necessary to help to amplify youth voices. http://eyej.org/our-story /
Job Title: EYEJ Speaks DIGITAL PRODUCTION ASSISTANT Volunteer
Immediate Supervisor: Marketing Head/Chief Marketing Officer
Term: 3-6 Mos. 10 Hours a week. Can take up to 3 persons. Start: Immediately
To identify needs of the organization and spread messaging around what is needed and create and cultivate new relationships and partnerships
EYEJ is seeking a Digital Production Assistant to help us with our virtual program entitle EYEJ Speaks. The Facebook Live program is a weekly series that highlights the social justice work of EYEJ. Speakers include members of the organization’s Youth Council, local educators, community activists, and thought leaders primarily from Cleveland and metropolitan cities across the country. The program is featured on Facebook and is promoted on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. We are looking for a detail-oriented person to manage the program's pre- and production work. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to build their digital marketing experience and production experience while networking with a world class team of marketers, content experts, and digital designers.
Volunteering with EYEJ will enable you to leverage or grow your digital marketing experience while networking with a world class team of marketers, content experts, and digital designers. Do you have a passion for all things digital? We are searching for ambitious volunteers who excels in all things internet and will help support digital efforts for EYEJ in an evolving environment.
- The Digital Production Assistant should be passionate about digital marketing, has a strong desire to master project management methodologies, and gain working knowledge of emerging technologies. He/she supports the digital producer team by assisting in all day-to-day activities.
- The ideal candidate has a pro-active, can do attitude, with sincere desire to learn, and sense of urgency to support the producer team in its mission to deliver on time.
- This role requires a strong personality and directness in team communications, while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to prioritize evolving tasks
- Self-motivated and works well independently, as well as collaborates favorably in a team environment
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Ability to remain professional, analytical and positive under pressure
- Experience using task-oriented software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) a plus
- Work with the Marketing team to identify and finalize themes for episodes in the series.
- Serve as the organizational lead to secure program moderators and speakers for the program and to acquire collateral including social media handles, headshots, bios, organizational affiliation
- Responsible for coordinating shooting schedule for each topic and ensuring EYEJ staff is available to tape program.
- Make recommendations for influencers the marketing team should reach out to based on a topic; we are looking for influencers that connect to the topic (individuals and organizations) and seeking to build strategic partnerships.
- Be on hand for the day of the filming to ensure all participants have arrived and that the technical team is prepared to tape the show; You should be prepared to stay for the entire time of the taping.
- Create social media toolkits for each of the programs that can be used by internal stakeholders and by event panelists.
- Send thank you notes to speakers as well as information about the date and time of program airing. Also, share with them the SM toolkit that they can use to promote the event on their channels.
- Work with EYEJ staff to ensure that donors and key stakeholders are invited to attend the EYEJ Speaks program.
- Microsoft Documents i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable of Google Analytics, Slack, Google Drive
- Zoom, Facebook Live, Facebook
- An EYEJ computer and cell phone is available if needed
- Virtual: 20-2021 school year
Please email email@example.com with your Cover Letter, Resume/Bio, any questions and samples of your work. If you have a portfolio of previous videos/campaigns done on YouTube, please share respective links. EYEJ will respond to you and set up a time to speak to discuss the role further.
About EYEJ: Empowering Youth, Exploring Justice
2529 Detroit Ave., CLEVELAND, OH 44113, US
Mission: EYEJ drives social justice reform by empowering young people to advocate for change. Vision: An equitable and inclusive world. Tagline: Empowering young advocates for change.
EYEJ empowers young people to be advocates for change through YODJ: Youth Online Discussing Justice and its Youth Council. The EYEJ community includes 900 diverse adult members, donors, allies and organizations who engage with and learn about social justice issues through dialogue with over 1,600 young people and participation in programs such as EYEJ Speaks and town halls.