Social Media Marketing Volunteer
EYEJ: Empowering Youth, Exploring Justice
Our mission is to empower and amplify the voices of teens and pre-teens by bridging them with diverse individuals to engage in interactive discussions centered around social justice.
EYEJ believes social justice means equality and opportunity for all. We believe a commitment to social justice requires us to value our collective diversity and commit to challenging injustice while simultaneously advocating on behalf of those who have the least.
EYEJ amplifies youth voices for those that are silent. EYEJ has impacted more than 1,600 underserved youth through it’s Discussion Series, YODJ: Youth Online Discussing Justice, EYEJ Youth Council, and EYEJ Speaks program.
History: Due to the death and ruling of Trayvon Martin, and through discussion and civil discourse, several Plymouth Church, UCC members including Mai Moore and June Antoine quickly gathered Plymouth Church members together as they knew that youth deserved and needed support to be empowered in August, 2013. Founder: Mai Moore, with her background and success in the tech industry understanding the balance between taking personal risk, speed, business, creating impact and results and community was necessary to help to amplify youth voices. http://eyej.org/our-story /
Job Title: Social Media Marketing Volunteer
Immediate Supervisor: Marketing Head/Chief Marketing Officer
Term: 4-6 Mos. 5-10 Hours a week. Can take up to 3 persons. Start: Immediately
To identify needs of the organization and spread messaging around what is needed and create and cultivate new relationships and partnerships.
EYEJ seeks a Social Media Marketing Volunteers to help us build the audience and messaging on our digital platforms -- Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. An ideal candidate will be a creative and out-of-the-box thinker. Attention to detail, excellent people skills, persistence in gathering every part of the story, and the ability to manage multiple ambitious projects at once are needed to create copy that is relevant and mission-driven, and highly shareable while wanting to raise the awareness of EYEJ.
Volunteering with EYEJ will enable you to leverage or grow your digital marketing experience while networking with a world class team of marketers, content experts, and digital designers. Do you have a passion for all things digital? We are searching for ambitious volunteers who excels in all things internet and will help support digital efforts for EYEJ in an evolving environment.
- 2+ Years of Social Media experience leveraging channels including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Strong strategic background creating and implementing successful media and marketing campaigns. Ability to drive marketing plans to new markets through the integration of new social media outlets - Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Demonstrate the ability to view future trends in digital and social media platforms to effectively keep EYEJ’s media strategy engaging and forward thinking in the constantly changing marketplace.
- Action oriented with aptitude to work independently as well and utilize sound judgment.
- Working knowledge of non-profit marketing with a focus on youth, education, social justice, racial justice, diversity and inclusion, or digital connectivity.
- Strong oral, written, communication and presentation skills.
- Well versed with social media channels.
- Experience with Google Analytics a bonus
- Work with EYEJ marketing team in the the development and execution of marketing plans, promotional activities related to digital platforms, newsletter, and website.
- Maintain strong relationships with key influencers and content creators.
- Engage with and cultivate audiences across platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) maintaining brand voice, to drive audience growth, brand awareness, and community engagement for EYEJ.
- Help manage social calendars and posting, adhering to brand identify, and overall aesthetic for the organization.
- Respond to constituent comments and messages on social media
- Drafting campaign emails for awareness, volunteer signups, and fundraising campaigns
- Leveraging Google Analytics to track the impact of EYEJs digital activities and make recommendations for improvement.
- Microsoft Documents i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledgeable of Google Analytics, Slack, Google Drive
- Social Media -- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Content Managemeent
- An EYEJ computer and cell phone is available if needed
- Virtual: 20-2021 school year
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Cover Letter, Resume/Bio, any questions and samples of your work. If you have a portfolio of previous videos/campaigns done on YouTube, please share respective links. EYEJ will respond to you and set up a time to speak to discuss the role further.
About EYEJ: Empowering Youth, Exploring Justice
2529 Detroit Ave., CLEVELAND, OH 44113, US
Mission: EYEJ drives social justice reform by empowering young people to advocate for change. Vision: An equitable and inclusive world. Tagline: Empowering young advocates for change.
EYEJ empowers young people to be advocates for change through YODJ: Youth Online Discussing Justice and its Youth Council. The EYEJ community includes 900 diverse adult members, donors, allies and organizations who engage with and learn about social justice issues through dialogue with over 1,600 young people and participation in programs such as EYEJ Speaks and town halls.