Blood Drive Volunteer - Asheville 3
American Red Cross
Blood Drive Volunteers
Every 2 seconds, someone in the US needs blood and one blood donation can save up to 3 lives. Help and support lives in North Carolina. Volunteer to support blood drives in your community.
- Warmly greet donors and assist with registration in reception area
- Model excellent customer service behaviors, ensure blood donors have relevant information, and that all questions are answered appropriately
- Assist in the canteen area, manage the cleanliness in reception and hospitality areas, thank donors for their contribution, and alert staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell
- Inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions, make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- If age 18 or older, volunteers will assist in prescreening and take temperatures of all donors before they enter the blood drive
This position is flexible as volunteers can sign up for shifts online that work their schedule!
Several enhanced blood donations protocols including PPE and social distancing have been implemented in the interest of the safety of the blood supply, recipients, other donors, staff, volunteers and general public health.
Interested in volunteering?
- If you are age 18 or older, please apply using the following link for an expedited application process: https://tinyurl.com/BloodDonorAmbassadorVolunteer
- If you are age 16-17, please apply by visiting: redcross.org/volunteer
About American Red Cross
100 Edgewood Road, Asheville, NC 28804, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.