Blood Drive Volunteer Scheduling Specialist
American Red Cross
The Scheduling Lead will manage a Biomedical Volunteer Workforce Engagement team who provide scheduling support of volunteers to help at blood drives, assisting with registration, canteen and/or temperature taking. The team will manage the blood drive schedule and communicate regularly with Biomedical Services volunteers to fill blood drive volunteer shifts.
- Oversee team responsible for scheduling volunteers to maintain blood drive schedule
- Blood Drive Shift Tool Scheduling
- Blood Drive Shift Tool Rebooking (Thank You Shift Follow Up)
- Text campaign rebooking - review report and follow up with volunteer
- Exception Queue Management
- Managing Volunteer Engagement Indicators (Future Shift Sign Up)
- With Biomedical Volunteer Workforce Scheduling Team, develop and implement goals and objectives for volunteers as needed
- Attend/lead relevant meetings and communicate pertinent information to appropriate partners
- Serve as liaison between volunteers and employees
- Identify, train, supervise and provide regular feedback to team members
- Develop and review reports to detail team’s progress
- Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs, required
- Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences, required
- Comfortable using a computer, phone and access to internet at home, required
- Basic Microsoft excel and word experience, required
- Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service, required
- Work well both individually and with others, required
- Supervisory or management experience, required
- Experience with appointment scheduling, coordinating and managing schedules, preferred
- Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff/volunteer partners as well as board members, and senior management, required
- Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive and have a mutually rewarding experience, required
- Onboarding with Biomedical Engagement Rep and/or Supervisor
- Biomedical Virtual Training
- EDGE Volunteer Supervisor Training Curriculum
About American Red Cross
250 Jari Drive, Johnstown, PA 15904, US
Mission Statement The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the Red Cross.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.