Armstrong County-Leadership Committee Member
American Red Cross
Chapter Board of Directors carry out the mission of the American Red Cross in local communities nationwide by partnering with local leaders to develop and monitor local strategies to deliver mission-related services, raise funds in accordance with the Red Cross goals, and be recognized as the "Face of the Red Cross" in their communities.
The Chapter Board Member will develop and implement strategies that achieve and maintain positive awareness of the Red Cross. Board Members serve as the "Face of the Red Cross" in the community, representing the organization among various stakeholders.
- Represent the American Red Cross in the community.
- Actively develop and grow financial resources to fulfill the mission.
- Connect to and build relationships with strategic partners and volunteers.
- Support and advocate for "One Red Cross," as appropriate.
- Serve on at least one board committee.
The Chapter Board Member
- Is knowledgeable, influential, and highly respected in the community.
- Is willing to leverage personal and professional social capital to promote the entire Red Cross mission.
- Understands the organization’s goals, objectives, and services.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in working with donors, volunteers and partners.
- Has diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals.
- Exhibits integrity, credibility and has a passion to support the community.
- Demonstrates commitment to the American Red Cross and its values.
- Represents the cultural profile and diversity of the community the chapter serves.
Orientation to the American Red Cross
* Red Cross Board Orientation
* Red Cross Social Media Basics and Public Affairs
* Fundraising Orientation - cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
* Connection to Mission - Disaster, Service to Armed Forces, Blood, Health and Safety and International
The Executive Director in coordination with the Board Chair will connect board members with appropriate Red Cross resources and tools.
About American Red Cross
250 Jari Drive, Johnstown, PA 15904, US
Mission Statement The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the Red Cross.
Whether helping one displaced family or thousands, providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran, or teaching others how to respond in emergencies, it’s through the efforts of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.