Women Helping Encouraging Women
Some duties of the President include:
- Ensuring the organization’s activities are compliant and in furtherance of its mission
- Leading, managing, and developing the organization’s employees, volunteers, and organizational culture
- Developing, implementing, monitoring, and assessing sound and compliant financial management practices (including budgeting)
- Developing, implementing, monitoring, and assessing sound and compliant fundraising practices
- Developing, informing, and supporting the board and the board committees to carry out their governance functions
- Working with the development staff and Chair of the Board in cultivating and soliciting major foundation grants and individual gifts
- Developing and maintaining beneficial relationships with donors, funders, supporters, collaborators, allies, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Ensuring effective external communications about the organization and its mission, priorities, importance, programs, and activities
- Championing the organization and advocating its mission to internal and external stakeholders
- Keeping informed and the organization’s leadership informed of significant developments and changes in the internal and external environment
- Leading the organization’s planning processes
- Ensuring legal compliance (including all required filings) and sound risk management practices
About Women Helping Encouraging Women
P.O Box 254, Toledo, OH 43697, US
Women Helping Encouraging Women aka WHEW, Inc. is a 501(c)3 Non-profit Corporation serving the Greater Ohio community, and the Virgin Islands. We're committed to advocating for, and assisting Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Child Victim's.
W.H.E.W, Inc. emerged from an African-Caribbean woman born on the beautiful island of St. Thomas, Virgin Islands now residing in Toledo, OH. This woman and her mother both are Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Victims. Some of what helped them move from Victims to Survivors was loved ones, peers, and love for music, and dancing! The organization itself has been in existence since 2017, but the Founder of W.H.E.W, Inc. and her mother over the years have opened their hearts, and homes to other victims, and aspire to open a home one day for Victims, Survivors, and their child(ren).
Currently, W.H.E.W, Inc. organizes drives during Hurricane season to help out the islands, Turkey giveaways and have support groups online, and in person. They are assisted by their youth counterparts name T.I.K. Teens Inspiring Kids which was formed by the Founder's children to assist their peers. Her kids are frequently with her when out in the community volunteering, and giving back, from seeing their mother so active in helping others the kids one day approached their mother with the idea, and she happily assisted them in implementing T.I.K. They have assisted their Principal, and Toledo Police to safely return their peers that have run away by listening and collecting necessary information.
One of WHEW's biggest events that be inaugurated in June 2020 when the organization launches Glass City Caribbean Carnival. It will be a day of Fun and Liberation in the City of Toledo, and we will need all the help we can get.