4-H Cloverbud Volunteer- MECKLENBURG COUNTY ONLY
Mecklenburg County 4-H
VOLUNTEER TITLE: 4-H Cloverbud Volunteer
TIME COMMITMENT: Can be a 1 time commitment or a 50 year commitment, the choice is yours. Lead activities at times that work best with your schedule.
PURPOSE: Lead activities and/or clubs for 4-H Cloverbuds age 5-8 years old and work with them to discover likes, talents, etc.
- Willingness to become familiar with and work within the philosophy and guidelines of NC A&T State University Extension, NC State Extension, NC 4-H Program, and Mecklenburg County 4-H program.
- Provide an emotionally and physically safe environment.
- Serve as a liaison between the county Extension office/staff and 4-H Cloverbud members, their parents/guardians, and those working with you.
- Support 4-H professionals and members in conducting meaningful educational experiences to help young people grow and reach their fullest potential.
- Inform and encourage members, parents, and other volunteers to actively participate in appropriate 4-H opportunities.
- Give support and recognition to members.
- Understand the importance of being a positive role model.
- Let the 4-H Cloverbud children know you care.
- Be committed to young people and their growth in all areas.
- Be aware of available learning experiences and help the club members select appropriate activities.
- Maintain open communications with other club volunteers.
- Be dedicated to young people and sensitive to their needs.
- Follow the guidelines and policies of NC A&T State University Extension, NC State Extension, NC 4-H Program, and Mecklenburg County 4-H program.
- Attend 4-H Cloverbud events, meetings, and activities.
- Read 4-H newsletters and literature from the Extension office and their web site and keep members, parents, and others informed.
- Participate in appropriate volunteer development opportunities.
- Decision Making
About Mecklenburg County 4-H
1418 Armory Drive, Charlotte, NC 28204, US
Mecklenburg County 4-H Youth Development mobilizes and unites the resources of North Carolina State University and North Carolina A&T State University with local partners to educate and enable youth to build foundations for life. We enrich urban communities through caring relationships and community partnerships.
4-H is an informal education program for young people ages 5-18, supported through the cooperation of federal, state, and local governments. We are the largest out-of-school youth program in North Carolina and the United States. Through a variety of learning experiences and project work, youth develop skills that will enable them to be competent, coping, caring, and contributing members of society. No matter what the subject matter, young people are ultimately practicing life skills such as: decision-making, problem-solving, relating to others, planning and organization, record-keeping, communication, leadership, dealing with change, and self-discipline. 4-H is a hands-on learning program with a variety of activities in community 4-H clubs, camps, county-wide events, special interest (SPIN) clubs, school enrichment, and school-age care settings. The 4-H program is administered by Cooperative Extension and relies on the cooperative efforts of members, parents, families, volunteers, and the community. Cooperative Extension is literally a local extension of the North Carolina's land-grant universities - NC State and NC A&T State.