5 people are interested
Short Breaks Community Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Caudwell Children
Please visit the new page to apply.
5 people are interested
Established in 2000, Caudwell Children is a national charity which works to transform the lives of disabled children and their families, enabling them to challenge the barriers they face throughout childhood by providing practical and emotional support.
The charity is going through an exciting period of growth having recently opened a new state-of-the-art facility for multi-disciplinary therapy programmes for childhood disability and research of neurodevelopmental conditions, including autism, within the grounds of Keele University.
Our short break activity sessions enable disabled children to access fun, inspirational and challenging leisure activities that build life skills and promote independence whilst providing carers with vital short break respite. With our support, disabled children and young people get to explore their interests, talents and develop vital life skills. Together we plan a range of fun and challenging learning activities that meet individual needs. Activities can lead to ASDAN accreditation. Short break activities build future hopes and aspirations and provide children with the confidence to achieve their full potential.
This role will include:
- Making contact with parent groups, schools and community venues in an area within Staffordshire and building positive relationships
- Arranging to go and speak to these groups about the short breaks that we offer.
- Keeping in regular contact with groups/schools etc to raise awareness and make sure people always know what our up-to-date offer is so that more children and families will benefit from our short breaks.
About Caudwell Children
Caudwell International Children's Centre, Innovation Way, Keele Science & Innovation Park, Newcatle-Under-Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 5NT, GB
Caudwell children transforms the lives of disabled children across the UK. We act as a safety net for families who are unable to gain the help they need. We dont believe in waiting lists for children. We treat families and their children as individuals We are a national charity with a local heart The Charity's management and running costs are covered by a kind benefactor so that donations go directly to help children in need.
Caudwell Children can help with:
- Family support services and short break activities
- Mobility and sensory equipment
- Access to life saving surgeries and treatments
- Life changing therapy and support programmes for children with brain injuries and their families
- Fully supported family holidays for children fighting life threatening illnesses
CannockCannock, United Kingdom
May 16, 2022
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The suggested time commitment for this role is a minimum of 6 months