3 people are interested
Animal Rescue Donor Stewardship Coordinator
3 people are interested
Help the Humane Society of Loudoun County (HSLC) by serving as the HSLC Donor Stewardship Coordinator to devise and implement policies and procedures that ensure HSLC donors feel engaged and appreciated. On-the-job training and mentoring will be provided. Key responsibilities include:
- Communicate with donors by phone, mail, and email as appropriate. This includes sending personal thank you notes to high-end donors in a timely manner. It may also include deploying donor surveys, phone or online.
- Working with our direct mail partner, periodically review HSLC’s donor acknowledgment process and update letter copy as needed.
- Work with the events coordinator to plan and organize donor recognition events.
- When budgeted, oversee the creation of the donor newsletter.
- Create opportunities for additional donor recognition.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- Superior customer service focus. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and a proven ability to work patiently, persuasively, and effectively with a wide variety of people including volunteers, donors, and the public.
- Superior organizational skills. A work style that is thorough, accurate, and detail-oriented. The ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Good computer skills; proficiency in using Word, Excel, and donor management databases.
- Willingness to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
- Preferred: Previous donor stewardship experience.
- Community advocacy and leadership
- Relationship building
- Enhance leadership and communication skills
- Interact with and meet a variety of people
- Experience with donor stewardship
- Invitation to volunteer appreciation events
- Opportunity to be highlighted in HSLC's Paw Prints newsletter and/or the HSLC Heroes newsletter
About Humane Society of Loudoun County
P.O. Box 777, Leesburg, VA 20178, US
The Humane Society of Loudoun County is a foster-based volunteer organization that partners with the community to save more animals and achieve a No Kill Community
The Humane Society of Loudoun County (HSLC) is a non profit 501(3)c animal welfare organization founded in 1966. Our mission is to partner with our community to work towards a time when all animals have loving homes. We do not have a physical shelter or location.
Based in Loudoun County Virginia, our programs and services include Rescue (Intake), Foster, Adoption, Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) / Community Cats, Barn-Working Cats, Pet Pantry, Low Cost Spay / Neuter, Financial Assistance, Media & Public Relations, Youth Education & Programs, Humane Education, Paw Prints Newsletter, General Helpline & Email, Fundraising, Volunteer Management, Social Events, Fundraising Events, and Community Outreach.
In 2020, we supported 273 adoptions, helped 310 community cats, moved 28 working cats, supported 927 spay/neuter surgeries, and delivered 24,000 pounds of Pet Pantry food to Loudoun Hunger Relief. We are looking to surpass these numbers in 2021 through the help of our incredible volunteers.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 19, 2021
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10-20 hours per month