19 people are interested
2nd Chance Thrift Shop Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Animal Care League
Please visit the new page to apply.
19 people are interested
Help the animals of Animal Care League by becoming a volunteer at the 2nd Chance Thrift Shop in Oak Park! All proceeds from the shop directly fund our lifesaving work at the shelter. If you are a customer service oriented person who can help us sort donations, stock items, and assist our customers, we want you! Successful volunteers will have a passion for antique, retro, thrift, and collectible items and for the animals that we help at the shelter every day.Location(s):
ACL 2nd Chance Thrift Shop: 808 Harrison Street, Oak Park, IL. 60302Availability:
Sunday - Friday
11am-2pm, 2pm-6pmQualifications and Requirements:
- Available to all volunteer levels
- Attend New Volunteer Orientation
- Attend 2nd Chance Shop Orientation and training
- Must have an understanding of Animal Care League’s mission and how the 2nd Chance Thrift Shop supports our mission
- Retail experience is helpful but not required
- Must also be aware of the Animal Care League’s programs and services
- Must be able to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19
- Must be able to bend and squat several times throughout the shift
- Able to lift or carry 20 lbs
- Possess the ability to follow direction
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Basic computer skills required
- Must be friendly, professional, and respectful toward customers, volunteers, staff, and donors
- Not affected by allergies to dust or cat dander
- Sort and clean 2nd Chance Thrift Shop donations
- Price and ticket individual donations for 2nd Chance Shop retail value
- Disperse cleaned and ticketed for sale items throughout the shop
- Acknowledge each person as they enter the shop
- Direct customers toward desired items for purchase
- Understand the general policies and procedures of the shop
- Spot-clean as necessary
- Must commit to at least 2 volunteer shifts per month
- Perform general cleaning tasks: sweeping, vacuuming, cleaning windows or walls, maintain overall store and merchandise cleanliness
- Assist the Shopkeeper with the quarterly purge of old merchandise
Apply for volunteer opportunities here: https://forms.gle/wWu3qA4Ygq1mzcP56
- 11:00 AM to 02:00 PM
- 02:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Animal Care League
1011 Garfield, Oak Park, IL 60304, US
Animal Care League is committed to providing shelter, medical care, and comfort to animals in need; reducing animal overpopulation; and acting as a community resource, thus promoting the human/animal bond.
The Animal Care League is a limited admission shelter located in Oak Park. We help homeless cats, dogs and other small animals by providing them food, shelter, medical attention and love until we can find them a loving home. As a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization, we depend on the generosity of our communities to help us meet our goals of finding new homes for as many animals as possible each year. If you are in interested in helping, please visit our "Supporting the ACL" page on our website, animalcareleague.org.
If you are looking to add a new member to your family, you can view our animals that are up for adoption by clicking on the respective pictures. Please feel free to give us a call to make further inquiries about our animals at 708-848-8155.
808 Harrison StreetOak Park, IL 60302
September 15, 2022
- Customer Service
- Retail / Sales
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- Must commit to 2 volunteer shifts per month, or 12 hours every 3 months.
- Sort and clean donations, Price and ticket individual donations for retail value, maintain shop inventory and cleanliness, and Acknowledge each person as they enter the shop.