Email Marketing Specialist
Email Marketing Specialist
Marketing, Public Relations, and Communications
Digital Marketing Team Lead
About School Group
School Group (SG) is a start-up international non-profit developing a cutting-edge global e-learning platform that will allow students around the world to connect for peer-to-peer collaborative learning and skills development - improving the accessibility and quality of education, while transforming lives and impacting future success. We need talented people to help us make our vision a reality. So, if you believe in the power of education, international development and community service - and have the time, skills and know-how to match - we want you as a School Group volunteer.
In this role, you will be responsible for planning and executing School Group’s email marketing campaigns from start to finish, including from setup, testing, execution and post-campaign analytics, The ideal candidate should be passionate about creating mission-driven emails, including e-newsletters and other relevant content.
- Owning all aspects of our email marketing, including acquisition and list growth, email design, campaign sends, and triggered, transactional and lifecycle programs.
- Developing email strategies to continuously improve channel performance, including testing and optimization to drive growth and improve KPIs.
- Leading email segmentation strategy to identify segments and opportunities to tailor email communication for target audiences and touchpoints along the donor journey.
- Developing strategies and implement plans for new email marketing initiatives with a focus on a personalization, segmentation, dynamic content and other innovations.
- Developing and deliver and develop analysis of weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting, with actionable steps to improve performance
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
- Add positions consulted for this role, both internal and external. Also include direct reports, if any, and level of supervision.
- 2+ years of experience with email marketing, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Ability to manage/prioritize multiple email campaigns and projects simultaneously
- High energy and creativity, possess a clean design aesthetic
- Passion for creating emails, analytics, testing, and reviewing results
- Knowledge of email best practices in creating templates, dynamic content, testing methodologies, list segmentation, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM laws
- Hands on experience working with Mailchimp.
- Degree in English, Business, Marketing, e-Commerce or related field preferred
- Experience working remotely as part of a team.
- Experience working in a start-up company, non-profit or entrepreneurial environment.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a community of people from different parts of the world who share a common belief in improving education which will eventually reduce poverty and improve the quality of life and living conditions globally. Volunteering with us will enable you to build your resume and gain invaluable experience in a supportive environment.
- In the USA, School Group is a Certifying Organization, offering the President’s Volunteer Service Award (PVSA) to eligible volunteers.
- School Group will provide a letter of recommendation to all volunteers who are able to showcase outstanding performance for professional references.
This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run. We welcome volunteers located anywhere in the world, as long as they can connect reliably to the internet.
About School Group
1700 Atlas RD, Cedar Park, TX 78613, US
To establish a leading global educational research and development organization with a goal to improve learning, performance, evaluation, and measurement in the educational sector.
School Group is a platform that aims to connect schools from various parts of the world. Our goal is to provide an e-learning community that focuses on a cross cultural peer learning experience. In doing so, we hope to promote collaboration, communication and to bridge the educational gap in a rapidly changing 21st century generation. For more information, please visit our website www.schoolgroup.org.