Helping Teens in Crisis
HARBOR HOPE CENTER
Harbor Hope Center serves teens who often need the supportive care of a mental health professional. If you are a psychologist, psychiatrist or professional counselor and are willing to provide periodic counseling sessions for a community organization, please consider working with Harbor Hope Center.
Harbor Hope Center is a private non-profit established to serve homeless minors who are attempting to complete their education. We also provide mentoring to at-risk students. We serve the greater Gig Harbor /Key Peninsula communities.
COUNSELING PROGRAM OVERVIEW
- A typical counseling session will involve an initial consult with a high school student in the Care Home for Boys or Care Home for Girls and any middle school or high school student referred to the Harbor Hope Center through the school system.
- An extensive intake procedure and background check is conducted on all students prior to admittance to the Care Homes to assure that the student will benefit from the program. Students coming through the school system are recommended by a school counselor.
- Counselors, psychiatrists and psychologists would serve on a rotating team and only receive occasional requests from the organization.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About HARBOR HOPE CENTER
PO BOX 2291, GIG HARBOR, WA 98335, US
Harbor Hope Center is dedicated to bettering the lives of those in need in Gig Harbor and the Key Peninsula. Our vision is "No Neighbor With Unmet Needs."
We serve homeless and at-risk youth through five pillars of service:
- Host Home Program for Homeless Students
- Mentoring for Students and Parents