Farsi Translator / Interpreter - Help the refugee community in Greece
SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
About Moms2Moms: One of the programs of SPI, Moms2Moms was founded to support single migrant mothers and children. Our program seeks to provide safe shelter, food, clothing, education, and other resources and programming on the path to self-sustainability and actualization.
About The Role: We are looking for volunteer Farsi translators willing to use their skills to support others. The Farsi Interpreter will collaborate with the Casework team in supporting the refugee community in Greece.
- Facilitating communication between the caseworker and community members
- Dealing with confidential information
- Assisting community members in completing legal forms
- Having knowledge of the organization and program policies and procedures
- Perform any other duty related to translation/interpretation as required
- Excellent command of English and Farsi
- Based in Greece
- Must be friendly, open, reliable, patient, non-judgmental, and non-discriminating
- Must have cross-cultural sensitivity
- Deeply interested, committed, and aligned with SPG’s mission
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home or anywhere with wi-fi
- Work alongside highly motivated and dedicated individuals who set out to change the world
- Introduction to different world views, cultures, traditions and languages
- Personal fulfillment through contribution to the refugee community and it’s individuals
About SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
To Be Informed, Mill Valley, CA 94941, US
SafePlace International’s primary mission is to provide food, clothing, shelter, and emotional support in a context of safety and protection for doubly-marginalized communities, while creating a larger framework of inclusivity with clear pathways toward individual sustainability and self-actualization.
SPI was created in response to an unmet need. Countless refugees in Greece are left without safe shelter and basic services like food and guidance for their future. The most vulnerable groups of these refugees, the LGBTQI+ community and single, pregnant women are widely ignored and face added struggles and dangers. SPI’s mission is to provide food and shelter to double-marginalized communities while creating a larger framework of safety and sustainability for the people we serve. SPI envisions a world where every human being is celebrated for the unique gifts they bring. A world where sexual orientation, race, gender, class, religious orientation, physical or mental ability, and country of birth no longer separate us; a world where the recognition that the survival of our species and the planet is directly dependent on how we love and care for the most vulnerable among us.