Real Estate Committee Member
Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County
Seeking to put God’s love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Committee Purpose & Scope
The Real Estate Committee assists the Board of Directors in targeting the area or areas of the community in which the projects of Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County shall be developed, investigating and researching the availability of property, recommending property to the Board of Directors for acquisition, and managing the real property and interests of the organization.
Committee Members will provide guidance and recommendations to the Board of Directors on matters that involve real estate transactions, management, and development to further the mission and goals of Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County.
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in committee meeting
- Participate in short and long-range planning for Habitat project development sites
- Identify and evaluate future project sites for suitability, alignment with the organization’s goals and vision and make recommendations to the board for acquisition
- Assist in the acquisition process for identified project sites
- Assist in the management of the affiliate’s portfolio of properties
- Provide guidance and recommendations to the Board of Directors on matters that involve real estate transactions, management and development
- Act as an ambassador in the community for Habitat’s Real Estate Committee
- Strictly adhere to conflict of interest policies
- Strictly adhere to confidentiality policies
The Real Estate Committee welcomes any member who has a desire to provide service to the community; have the ability to recognize, request support and/or avoid tasks beyond the limits of personal skills, training, and experience; possess a familiarity with the goals and methods of Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County; and show a willingness to follow the policies set forth by Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County.
Professional or personal experience in one or more of the following areas is also especially helpful:
- Have a demonstrated interest and understanding of Habitat for Humanity’s mission and the desire to promote it
- Specific experience and/or knowledge in at least one area: residential and/or commercial real estate, real estate law, mortgage lending, multi-family housing development, affordable housing development
- Positive interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to ensure the confidentiality of all matters discussed within the committee meetings.
Benefits of Serving On A Habitat Committee
- Being personally rewarded by giving back to the community
- Gaining opportunities to network, meet new friends, and establish professional contacts and references
- Learning and practicing skills related to meeting participation, cross-cultural communication, and community support
- Getting a chance to work on both individual and group projects
- Seeing direct results of hard work and dedication
- Attending relevant training and other workshops as available
About Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County
16929 Highway 99, Suite 100, Lynnwood, WA 98037, US
Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County brings people together to build homes, community and hope. We envision a world where everyone has a decent and affordable place to live.
Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County is a registered charity and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Washington. Habitat homeowners help build their own homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. Through financial support and volunteering, everyone can help families achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build better lives for themselves. Through shelter, we empower.