Youth Action Campaign
American Red Cross - Central and Southern Illinois Region
Become an International Humanitarian Law (IHL)Regional Coordinator today!
Are you interested in global issues and passionate about alleviating human suffering?
Do you enjoy working with youth and young adults to make a change? Join the IHL Youth Action Campaign as a Regional Coordinator! American Red Cross’s Youth Action Campaign empowers young people, ages 13-24, to learn about international humanitarian law (IHL)-the body of law that governs armed conflict.
This year, the teams of youth will focus on access to education during armed conflict. As a Regional Coordinator you will:
* Complete the American Red Cross training to teach IHL to youth and young adult volunteers.
* Recruit and train teams of youth and young adults to learn about IHL and design a peer-to-peer
awareness campaign in their communities.
* Coordinate the campaign activities of youth and young adults in your region and help teams to meet their in-person and social media goals for the year.
* Commit to the position for the duration of the academic year with the opportunity
to continue in future years.
* Join a network of other coordinators across the world and help the American Red Cross to educate, engage, and empower youth and young adults to become IHL champions!
TO GET STARTED,CONTACT YOUR LOCAL AMERICAN RED CROSS REGION AT VOLUNTEERILLINOIS@REDCROSS.ORG
About American Red Cross - Central and Southern Illinois Region
311 W John H Gwynn Jr Ave, Peoria, IL 61605, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.